• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGnet's Fighter's Group: Waku Waku 7

Vorpeseda

Floof
Validated User
I think Joker is partly because fatalities are especially suitable for him, and they've never actually had a chance to give him proper fatalities. (Although his MK Vs DC fatalities were better than most of the others.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
He is a brutal, sadistic clown, after all.

Hmm... Ivy wouldn't be bad either. Is she (still) human? Wonder how that could work in lore...

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
He is a brutal, sadistic clown, after all.

Hmm... Ivy wouldn't be bad either. Is she (still) human? Wonder how that could work in lore...
Kind of depends on the continuity.

As of currently in the comics, she was killed in the (terrible) crossover event heroes in crisis, but came back as an Avatar of the Green (The source of all plant life. The same thing that empowers Swamp Thing).

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
So, for MK, not quite an Elder God, but... that'd be pretty awesome. And I don't think she'd have problems killing walking bags of fertilizer. The dialog between her and Dvorrah would be interesting too.

Vorpeseda

Floof
Validated User
So... There's a new live-action Mortal Kombat film in the works.

It's already achieved controversy, because of course it has, it's Mortal Kombat. As it's 2019 and the world has stopped making sense, the controversy now is that Raiden will be played by a Japanese actor. Apparently this is in danger of making the film unrecognisable as Mortal Kombat.

Dawgstar

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
More concerning re: the MK film are things like the synopsis for Sonya:

SONYA BLADE: Supporting Lead Female. 30s. The beautiful, brainy blonde writer who chases the prophecy of Mortal Kombat. She recruits Cole and fights bravely and selflessly for a team she can only be a true part of once she earns a medallion in combat.

So Sonya's not only playing catch up but isn't even in the Special Forces. Oh! But she's pretty.

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
That is...unfortunate. And I'm generally able to ignore these kinds of things.

In these four sentences, I don't even recognize the plot of Mortal Kombat. Like, at all.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
Is Enter the Dragon + supernatural stuff really that hard? Hell, you could take stuff that's been on the show Supernatural, throw in some kung-fu fights, and basically be good to go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom