• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGs Based on Schools

randlathor66

Validated User
I was wondering if you all could help me. I want a big list of RPGs that are based on playing students in a school. Modern, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, all the genres are welcome. I do know about the Savage Worlds East Texas University (and have it), but I am at a loss as to think of others. Than you for any help.

Edit: I guess it doesn't have to be a whole game, but a campaign or just some adventures based in schools would be cool. Thanks again.

Parenthesis Press

parenthesispress.com
Validated User
Magicians is a game by Kyle Simons in which you play students in a magical boarding school in Korea - the game is actually a tool for learning Korean, since that's what you use to cast your spells, and your degree of success is determined by how well you phrase your intention.

DarkMoc

Validated User
Oddly enough, AD&D 2e, via College of Wizardry. It only has four or five pages focused on playing 0-level students with one adventure for them, but it sets up enough (like a daily schedule and a shirking chart) to be able to run a mini-campaign for apprentice wizards.

Adam Reynolds

Validated User
GURPS also has GURPS Social Engineering: Back to School for 4E, as a guide as opposed to an adventure, but there are plenty of ideas there in general.

thenorm42

Validated User
Chuubo's Marvellous Wish-Granting Engine has a spooky region called Horizon where one of the main things is a huge school full of ghosts.

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
In one of the supplements for Masks there is a playset called Phoenix Academy, which is "teen supers high school."

Top Bottom