• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

RPGs you really wish existed

vivsavage

Independent Procrastinor
Validated User
All of us have our 'dream' RPG; the game we want but somehow know will never get made. What are some of yours?

Some of mine are:
- a Sherlock Holmes RPG
- a middle earth RPG by a major company (WOTC, Paizo, etc) that really understands Tolkien and supports the hell out of it for years (like ICE did, bless them)
- a Dune RPG. It has come close before, but seems cursed somehow
- a high-production-value hardcover RPG for Harn that really modernizes the Harnmaster rules
- a version of D&D that includes character building mechanics like Pendragon's passions, virtues, etc
- a successful RPG designed by me

SuperFigs

Firefighter
Validated User
I would still love to see a Death Gate Cycle RPG. I always loved those Weiss and Hickman novels!

RoadScholar

Returning to sender
Validated User
I'd love to see a streamlined and updated version of the Bushido/Aftermath!/Adventure system put out by FGU decades ago. It got clunky [aftermath most of all] but there was a decent D20 roll under system in there.

Lars Dangly

Validated User
Middle Earth roleplaying based on a Pendragon-like system with an awesome magic system bolted on.

Dune, but not out of print and costing $300.

That Other Guy

Validated User
Avatar: the Last Airbender RPG, from a crew who doesn't just understand the series and how to turn it into an RPG, but LOVE the series.

Buffy: the Vampire Slayer (powered by Cortex Plus)

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic the RPG.

There's really a ton of settings I'd love to see fleshed out in RPG form. Prince of Heroes/Chronicles of the Universe, Magic: The Gathering, and many more.

Jeremy757

Validated User
Mass Effect! Medium crunch, no levels. A system that's something along the line of how L5R or Shadowrun work.

Claudius

Validated User
- a middle earth RPG by a major company (WOTC, Paizo, etc) that really understands Tolkien and supports the hell out of it for years (like ICE did, bless them)
MERP didn't get Tolkien, but was well supported. Lord of the Rings Coda did get Tolkien (despite its defects), but was not supported. Porca miseria. :(

I hope The One Ring by Cubicle 7 will be the one.

Top Bottom