IC Runaway Hirelings: The Temple of Elemental Annoyance

tomas

Validated User
Finally! Dumisfort thought to himself. An audience and opportunity to appreciate my refined and educated sense of humor. I'll show all these simple minded fools who has gots the biggest brain here.

He stepped forward to accept the challenge in a bold voice. Instead his stomach turned to cold mush as all the eyes in the place focused on him and he squeaked, "Why did the comedian halfling named Joseph King commit suicide? Because he got fed up with people asking him, 'Hey are you Joking?'"

When he was met with dead silence he immediately went to his next best joke, "Why does the navy in Denmark and Sweden have bar codes on the sides of their vessels? Why to Scandinavian! I said scan-da-navy-in?"

We're going to die, he thought.

thenorm42

Validated User
OOC: Can I step in and save the day through a combination of luck and ineptitude for 2 Flail points?

tomas

Validated User
OOC: Let's see what happens to Dumi first?

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Is Dumi spending his Flail Point to make this a success based on knowledge and books, or are you going to roll for it?

tomas

Validated User
OOC: Flail point. If things go sideways we can use other people's flail points.

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The elves and goblinoids alike stare at the pint-sized historian in absolute bafflement. The demon scratches his chin and then laughs uproariously. "Oh, boy, yeah, you have got some serious brass, little guy! Scandanavian. Heh. That's not even a real place! I love it! You know what, I'm giving a point to your side just for having the guts to go for it."

He pauses, and narrows his eyes. "But I feel like I gotta point out that the challenge is Improv Comedy, not Stand-Up Comedy. So if one of you's doesn't get up on this stage and act out a scene with these other folks in a funny way, I'm gonna have to disqualify you."

Some of the goblins look relieved. The demon adds, "Permanently. You get me? I mean I'm gonna eat your entrails."

OOC: I will give you guys one challenge solved! There are only 3-5 challenges remaining. But also that's not the challenge that MrPrim MrPrim specified, so you'll need to deal with that too.

Your current totals:
Zoosk: 6 Gold, 1 Flail Point
Dumisfort: 4 Gold, 0 Flail Points
Archie: 5 Gold, 4 Flail Points

tomas

Validated User
OOC: So we need one more point to 'win' the improv routine and then there's an additional challenge? Should we just spend out gold, guys, and get three successes?

thenorm42

Validated User
OOC: It's 3 to 5 challenges left, and now costs 4 gold or 1 Flail point to use our specialty, or two Flail points to auto-succeed at doing something vaguely heroic (or passing a 5+ roll). I've got enough to auto-succeed at two, so if we can shoehorn some of the others into our skills, we're home and dry! (Bearing in mind you guys have an 'extra life' each too.)

I feel like acting and comedy are pretty hard to fit into our skills, so perhaps an auto-success would help here? I kind of want to save the other two Flail points for some big magical finisher!

tomas

Validated User
OOC: I'm willing to spend the gold to make Dumi succeed at the improve. After that I run dry.

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: It costs double-gold to auto-succeed in the final room, so if Dumi spends gold to auto the improv, he will hit 0 Gold, have a near miss, and reset to 5 Gold.

Top Bottom