• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Runaway Hirelings: The Temple of Elemental Annoyance

tomas

Validated User
OOC: So we are all agreed that Dumi is going to give this a shot and spend the gold if needed?

thenorm42

Validated User
OOC: Yep, go for it!

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Sounds good! Roll your auto-fail, explain what goes wrong (and what the near death is if you don't roll a 1, and then narrate your success!

tomas

Validated User
OOC: Ok, here goes nothing...

Rolled a 6! http://orokos.com/roll/726270

So before I continue, is that a success (over 5) or is that an autofailure?

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Ouch.

So, if you had been rolling to try to accomplish a task, that would have been a success. But if you're rolling to gain a Flail Point by auto-failing, that means that Dummy loses 10 Gold (1d6-1, then x2 for the final room) and suffers a near-death experience in the process of gaining a Flail Point, which sets you back to 5 Gold along with a description of how you almost died in the ritual.

tomas

Validated User
Dumi stood at the foot of the pile of rocks and felt the eyes of the rest looking at him. He thought back to when his three legged frog died (because Dumi got hungry one night and tried a frog leg, but that's another story) and the funeral rite he gave the next day before pitching the dead frog into the neighbor's well. So much loss...so much pain. And pain is what he felt when a stray strand of the energy coursing through the room settled on his foot and shooting a jolt of high voltage electricity through his body. He gave a yell and finally simply lost it.

"Oh go fuck yourself you so-called 'Great' Nob. You're ugly, you're stupid, and you managed to bully a bunch of us into this 'mighty adventure' because you were too damn scared to do it yourself. We're going to die and at least you're going to hear us say that we ain't afraid of you. I double dog you to come back to life you inbred mongrel. You were the misbegotten spawn of a diseased leper molesting the corpse of his recently deceased aunt. We ain't afraid of you and you're too cowardly to do anything about it."

And with that he gave the pile of stones a firm kick and spat on it for good measure.

OOC: Now if that isn't asking for a new challenge I don't know what is :)

thenorm42

Validated User
OOC: Well, you can certainly see how your near death experience might happen! Luckily we kind of want him to come back angry. :)

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Dumi spits on the pile of blood and rocks as the wind gently lifts the dust, and that moment of spit adds the fourth element to the mixture. Which is, in the end, all that it takes.

A towering pillar of flame immediately follows up the path the spit took, lifting the little scholar off his feet and twisting in the air. Dumi is thrown backwards into a wall, scorched and blasted, but fortunately a goblin is in the way and takes the brunt of the impact, killed instantly on the spot.

The flame twists and begins to take a form reminscent of the great Nob Crumpaxe. Everyone cheers. An orc runs forward, waving his sword, and yells, "For the great Nob Crumpaaaaaaaaaarrrgghhh" as Nob turns and casually sets him on fire.

Okay. So there is definitely a fire elemental present, but it does not... exactly... remember who any of you are...

OOC: Dumi resets to 5 Gold, and gains another Flail Point, taking him to 1 and allowing him to solve a challenge without rolling! The new challenge is to calm the terrible fire elemental now threatening to burn you all to death, or to remind him of who he used to be. Reciting facts and legends is in Dumi's specialty, so he could solve this with 1 Flail Point, or Archie could do it with 2.

Zoosk: 6 Gold, 1 Flail Point (and a near-death experience remaining)
Dumisfort: 1 Gold, 1 Flail Point
Archie: 6 Gold, 2 Flail Points

thenorm42

Validated User
OOC: Could I use my chef speciality to remind the Nob who he is? I'm sure there's one last Curried Dripping Ball, now elementally charged, stuck in the bottom of the apron... Food was pretty important to him! Possibly in conjunction with Dummy's facts?

tomas

Validated User
OOC: I've had plenty of time in the spotlight so I defer to one of the others. If Dumi can assist he will.

Top Bottom