• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Runaway Hirelings: The Temple of Elemental Annoyance

tomas

Validated User
OOC: I think this may be the first PbP game that I have been in that came to a conclusion at the end of the adventure. That was fun guys!

thenorm42

Validated User
OOC: Yeah, we should get some sort of bonus title for the forums for actually finishing a PbP!

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
OOC: Ha! FrivYeti and you both deserve all of the credit for steering this ship into port! Good job you guys.

tomas

Validated User
OOC: It was a group effort and frankly one that made me laugh out loud several times when we described our antics.

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As Nob and Clarrt fly through the sky, and the wails of the surviving elves fill the air, three hirelings start the walk back to their homes. Others are coming out of the temple too - a few goblins, a pair of bugbears, one elderly kobold who is whooping with joy as she looks up at the sky. But most importantly, you are safe. You are free. You are alive!

And you have treasure worth... about nine gold pieces between you. Looks like the rest of the treasure of the temple was lost with it, but that's the breaks.

OOC: You made it!

So, it is time for the epilogue. Your remaining Gold is, in fact, the amount of gold that you were able to get out of the Temple of Elemental Annoyance before it collapsed. So Zoosk has a princely sum of 6 gold pieces on him, Dumisfort comes away with a single piece, and Archie has two.

So, for each of you, narrate the following:

1. When you make it through the forests and return to civilization, what do you do with your gold?
2. Ten years from now, as the world has moved on, where is your character?

And after that, I will post a short conclusion, and the game will end. This has been a ton of fun, guys!

thenorm42

Validated User
1. It takes a good eighteen months, and several more horrible, traumatic, stench-filled 'adventures', but Archie finally makes it back to the troll homelands alive. He uses his gold to buy a share in an inn, which serves funky fusion cuisine inspired by his travels, none of this stuffy Academie des Sloppage nonsense!

2. Archimbaud is sweating nervously. Today's the big day - the first time a non-traditional restaurant has ever had a visit from Urgan Runaway, the famous Troll food critic! Everything's in order; Archie is serving his own hip take on Trollish Ultra Gumbo, with a side of Fried Dripping Balls. There's a knock at the door, and a hooded figure enters...

"Surrs! Fiery boss orc has a new mission for yous!"

thenorm42

Validated User
OOC: Been putting this off as I don't really want the game to end! Archie would obviously be fine with Zoosk and Dummy joining him in business, Dummy as the ultimate snooty maitre d' , Zoosk keeping the fires going a bit too well...

tomas

Validated User
OOC: Sorry for the delay, work took me away for a bit. Let me think of what Dummi is likely to do.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Zoosk returns to the world and renounces his old ways, setting aside the youthful exuberance and dalliances of pyromania and taking up the quill.

He pens a memoir of his time in the Temple and, upon its modest success, takes up the quill of an author. His untutored, uneducated style, practically illiterate style strikes a chord with the downtrodden, blind, and mad. He pens broadsheets, scrolls, and the occasional comedic dramatic performance.

Once in a while, he burns down a small cabin - you know, to keep his hand in.

thenorm42

Validated User
OOC: Would love to see one of Zoosk's plays … The Merry Fires of Windsor? A Bonfire Night's Dream? Much Ado About Oxyacetylene?

Top Bottom