• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Runaway Hirelings: The Temple of Elemental Annoyance

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Archie and Zoosk's endings are both pure beauty. We just need Dumisfort's finale, and then I'll post our coda!

tomas

Validated User
Dumisfort's brilliant three volume memoir of his time in the temple was self-described as a study in leadership comparable to that of the legendary Churchill the Fearless during the Battle of the Dragon Skies.

Critics of the piece, however, called it the most self-serving piece of drivel in generations. Few will question the rarity of the book, however, given that its pages started countless hearths to warm homes across the land during the harsh winter of '29.

Realizing that haters will hate, Dumisfort took his advance money and retired (fled) to less hostile lands. Eventually he discovered that humans were more depraved than he ever realized and he was able to start a club specializing in halflings and pole dancing. Eventually through his natural genius (sheer dumb luck) and callous indifference towards others (well the history books got that part right) he found himself rising in the ranks of the local thieves' guild until came the fateful day when a long line stood before him in order to kiss his ring.

But that is a tale for another day...

thenorm42

Validated User
OOC: In my head Churchill the Fearless resembles the dog from the insurance ads.

It's like we've all had a WHFRP career change, Slop Chef to Light Entertainment Chef for Archie, Pyromaniac to Playwright for Zoosk, and Chronicler to Thief/Bawd for Dummy!

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And so the tale is told.

For centuries, stories would spread of the Firekeeper, Nob Crumpaxe, who fought his way to the depths of the Temple of Elemental Annoyance, defeated the terrible Elven Priest-King, and overthrew the Millenium Empire of the elves. Legends would speak of his return from the dead as a being of purest, elemental flame, and of the amazing feats that he would accomplish across the lands of the gods.

No stories were told of the hirelings who died for Nob's success - those who fell on the journey into the depths of the temple, and the poor Clarrt who lost his life aiding his friends in their escape. But of the three survivors - well, each of them had achieved success of one sort or another, and while they were not the stuff of legends, they were at least the focus of a few folk tales. Chefs taught their apprentices how to make an Archimbaud Gumbo, scholars discussed the veracity of the Tales of Zoosk, and they say that to this day, there is a crime family in the Haisland Straights who claim descent from Dumisfort the Wise, and who strike down anyone who calls them "Dummies"...

Against all odds, three lowly sorts had achieved a measure of success, and their actions had changed a world. And who could ask for more?

OOC: Congratulations, everyone! We are officially done this campaign. It has been a lot of fun playing with you, and getting to actually finish this thing.

I may do a recruitment drive for another one-shot style game in a little while; if I do, I can tag each of you if you'd like to join in.

thenorm42

Validated User
OOC: Thanks Friv! This has been a blast, and I'd gladly take part if you're doing another campaign!

tomas

Validated User
OOC: That was great fun. Thank you for running it and thank you to the other players for making it a fun run. Please do let me know if you run another one-shot game.

Top Bottom