• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Running to buy Palladium?

Steve Dubya

Plot Railroad Conductor
Validated User
In the most recent Update, Kevin says:
I want to keep Palladium Books an independent company to keep producing the types of games you love. Over the last year I have turned down offers from people looking to either buy Palladium Books or to buy a piece of the company. So far, I’ve turned them down because they immediately want to change everything. To crank out second-rate product and produce books that you don’t want or need. It is quickly apparent that they don’t know the RPG market, don’t care about the fans, and mainly want to exploit our I.P.s (intellectual properties) in other market areas. It’s all about the big money for them. Gosh, the stories I could tell you. We have a big company eyeballing us right now. I suspect their offer will be very tempting. We’ll probably talk sometime after Gen Con.
I'm wondering which companies could really even be considered "big" anymore and might be in the running... Surely the list would include WotC and WW, probably Paizo, FFG and Mongoose. Who else could be in there?

[edit] Or could this even be a non-RPG company looking to invest?

Last edited:

Moira Monday

Legally a girl
Validated User
In the most recent Update, Kevin says:
I'm wondering which companies could really even be considered "big" anymore and might be in the running... Surely the list would include WotC and WW, probably Paizo, FFG and Mongoose. Who else could be in there?

[edit] Or could this even be a non-RPG company looking to invest?
Well, he's talking about attempts to use Palladium IPs in other areas, so probably someone who handles a lot of licensing. I can't imagine another RPG publisher wanting to buy out Palladium Books; imagine how many loyal PB customers you'd lose.

TechOgre

Validated User
Or a metals investor with a really new and clueless research intern...
What do you mean, it's a bad buy? I need to make a phone call....

<heard from where ever you are: STOP THE PURCHASE!! STOP THE PURCHASE!!!>

Angel of the Dawn

Validated User
But seriously, I've been hoping for more than a decade now that someone would either buy out Palladium or gobble up their properties. But I think Kevin is far more likely to just let all of it die with Palladium when the inevitable happens.

Solomon_Roth

Validated User
crank out second-rate product and produce books that you don’t want or need. It is quickly apparent that they don’t know the RPG market, don’t care about the fans
Oh the irony.

Moira Monday

Legally a girl
Validated User
But seriously, I've been hoping for more than a decade now that someone would either buy out Palladium or gobble up their properties. But I think Kevin is far more likely to just let all of it die with Palladium when the inevitable happens.
Is there really a big market for a refurbished version of Rifts or Palladium Fantasy, though? Particularly one large enough to justify buying the company?

Top Bottom