• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

S & W complete printings

Akrasia

Lord of Procrastination
Validated User
Does anyone here know if there are any differences between the printings of Swords & Wizardry Complete, i.e., does the 'new' version with the Erol Otus cover have anything different from the earlier version?

(I'm getting a copy of the new version for the Otus cover alone, but I am curious if I need to add an errata sheet to my older copies.)

Thanks!

Ravenheart87

Validated User
Errata was added. Mostly minor things (dagger added to missile weapons, clubz fixed, monster lists by CR fixed, etc.). As far as I recall the only important change was changing the movement rates to the S&W Core values.

MormonYoYoMan

Validated User
What? Still no Really Swell substitute for the Beholder (TM, copyright, patent pending, and darned colorful) ? Rats! I want the version running in (not enough) episodes of "Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic."

What is it about Forbidden IP that makes me want to use that which is forbidden in places it was never meant to be?

Melire

Retired User
What? Still no Really Swell substitute for the Beholder (TM, copyright, patent pending, and darned colorful) ? Rats! I want the version running in (not enough) episodes of "Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic."

What is it about Forbidden IP that makes me want to use that which is forbidden in places it was never meant to be?
I just use the Prysmal Eye from C&C, Far, far scarier.

Captain Deadpool

I'm an assassi... Horse Trainer
Validated User
Errata was added. Mostly minor things (dagger added to missile weapons, clubz fixed, monster lists by CR fixed, etc.). As far as I recall the only important change was changing the movement rates to the S&W Core values.
Yep, very few changes.

And I'm actually surprised anybody caught the dagger thing. That was entirely my invention while editing the table.

EDIT: I was about to say I fixed the CR table too, but that'd be a lie I think. I worked on the CR table for the Monstrosities book.

Last edited:

Captain Deadpool

I'm an assassi... Horse Trainer
Validated User
I'm the only one around who always has a player that wants to throw daggers? :)
it's one of those little things you'd think nobody would notice between printings. I even said that to myself when I noticed the omission "Eh, nobody will notice but let's toss in ranges for thrown daggers"

ken-do-nim

Retired User
I wanted to see bards in S&W Complete; I think all the other original classes from the supplements and Best of Dragon are there in my 1st print.

Last edited:

Ravenheart87

Validated User
I wanted to see bards in S&W Complete; I think all the other original classes from the supplements and Best of Dragon are there in my 1st print.
Except illusionist, alchemist, samurai, healer, berserker, jester, idiot... But if you have Best of Dragon #1-2, you can use those as written.

masque1223

What? Still no Really Swell substitute for the Beholder (TM, copyright, patent pending, and darned colorful) ?
See page 464 in Monstrosities, the Syanngg. Or just go here:
http://www.d20swsrd.com/swords-and-wizardry-srd/for-the-referee/monsters/all-monsters/monster-details-s#TOC-Syanng

While I'm at it, the Mind Flayer substitute is the Khyrll, page 275. Or:
http://www.d20swsrd.com/swords-and-wizardry-srd/for-the-referee/monsters/all-monsters/monster-details-k-through-n#TOC-Khryll

Top Bottom