OOC [SABRES & WITCHERY] Beasts of Prey

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
I think it might slow down a bit now. A lot of pbp games start with a flurry of posting then settle down.

3rd Level Fighter

...has a cunning plan...
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Don't mention gods and goddesses in front of Thomas...he's itching to burn someone as it is... :D

There's a lot of dialogue - and a high post count due to back-and-forth conversations - but not much in the way of actual events since you last posted. Aware of the time difference, there was some dialogue for exposition which you can read at your leisure. I think it may, going forwards, be worth a bullet-pointed summary post at close of play each day as I know I can be a little wordy.

To summarise the action, then:
  • You and Thomas woke up from the charm effect. The creature had gone, flown out of the window. You woke up in time to hear the discharge of a musket outside.
  • Thomas and Otto went downstairs. There was a lot of arguing.
  • Friedrich could not open the bedroom door of the woman who was attacked by the creature, as she is blocking it being pushed open and Friedrich is wary of hurting her further by pushing any harder.
  • Looking through the door, you saw a body and lots of blood. Friedrich thinks he heard a moan though.
  • The rain may be stopping.
To summarise the dialogue/exposition:
  • Thomas has discovered that the two women in the inn (the younger one is the wounded girl in the upstairs room, discussed above) possessed subtly corrupted bibles, designed to twist peoples faith. He (as a hunter) has identified this as a major threat and is trying to discover the source of them, and the number which may have been distributed. The older woman downstairs says only that a minister visited the house and gave copies to everyone.
  • Alyon was fairly certain she had killed the creature on the stable roof and was standing guard. She still wasn't 100% sure until Karl the Ostler came to relieve her post. Karl said the hunchback told him that the creature was definitely dead but Alyon still doubted. The hunchback has not said how he knows it is dead.
  • Thomas argued with the hunchback regarding blame for the injured woman upstairs. The hunchback blames Thomas for rushing in blindly. There is far too much testosterone flying about between those two, and frankly I think they just need to get a room and get it on.
  • Ahem, sorry about that.
  • Otto engaged the hunchback in conversation. His name is Professor Grost who claims to be a vampire hunter. He was here to meet Csepel - the pipe smoking gypsy in the corner who no-one spoke to. They discussed the fact that someone they were seeking was not in the area, and that the someone was not responsible for "the children." This reference to children has not been explained yet.
  • After an argument between Grost and Thomas, Grost and Csepel leave to get medicines from his abandoned cart a mile or so away. These medicines would be needed to treat the woman upstairs if she lived.
  • This led to a little more exposition which the players were not privy to, but to throw a few teasers in which will be explained later. Grost and Csepel seek a vampire called Karnstein. Karnstein has a friend of theirs called Captain Kronos and they are worried for his safety. The only reason they are here is to look for Karnstein and it seems Csepel has been doing some advance scouting to establish whether Karnstein is here or not. Reading between the lines, children have been disappearing and they thought it may be Karnstein. As it isn't, they are moving on. Csepel was still concerned for the children, Grost suggested "the idiots in the inn" deal with it.
  • The medical student downstairs freaked out and moved from a position of being sceptical to fearing everyone here could be a vampire. Perhaps he wasn't the sceptic he appeared to be?
That's the Cliff's Notes version.

Last edited:

3rd Level Fighter

...has a cunning plan...
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Generally, would we prefer a little less wordiness? And less posting in the OOC thread and keeping it in the main thread with OOC tags?

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
Generally, would we prefer a little less wordiness? And less posting in the OOC thread and keeping it in the main thread with OOC tags?
Maybe use the OOC tags more in the IC thread to do things like the die rolls to cut down the speed that both have been moving at.

Might be useful we'd had a slow day today so people can catch up and I think now a lot of exposition is done things will be a bit less hectic.

3rd Level Fighter

...has a cunning plan...
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hi gang!

As a result of yesterday's SUPER fun meeting yesterday (flicked on the news first thing and the Pennines were on fire...that was the best part of the day), I have a massive amount of workstuff to do today. Tomorrow is my partner's birthday and Saturday is my son's so realistically I'm not going to be prodding things along overly much 'til Sunday.

3rd Level Fighter

...has a cunning plan...
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hi gang,

well, that was a hectic few days!!!

So...everyone caught up? People wanting to continue?

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
Yes, ready to continue. Now deciding where I want Otto to go as he's been reasonably successful with the turning of the vampire.

Top Bottom