[savage worlds] MARS adventure ideas

Kanezeran

Retired User
I am a HUGE fan of all this pulp weird science and sorcery fiction from moorcock to burroughs to howard and I;ve been trying to get my hands on other pulp-style Mars-related fiction.

Now, having gotten the savage worlds rulebook but not the MARS setting (takes a hell of a lot of time to ship to greece), I have a party waiting for me run a short campaign at first and then go from there.

Sadly, though the books are awesome and chock full of kewl stuf, I am stumped out of ideas. Heres what ive got so far:

-The characters are all the crew of a prototype space vessel developed originally by the nazis and remade by the British government. It;s supposed to support FTL travel, but is accidentaly zipped to Mars by a HG Wells Martian teleporter ray.

-The party starts off learning about mars by Johnny Longshanks, a shaman that crosses the multiverse and ended up captured by the Martians, who helps them escape.

-Afterward, they fight off the Wellsian Martians and help the Udun, the blue-skinned humanoid martians, who send them back to earth.

But I wanna make it bigger dammnit!

rptroll

The Savage Troll
One thing I do go 'go big' is develop an eon or so back story. In your case you may want to go solar system wide threat or even something on a galactic. Something huge that will forever change Earth's very existence. Maybe the Martians are a threat but maybe there's something even bigger.

I did something similar with my Space Nazis setting. The characters think the Nazis are the biggest threat but it turns out there's something even bigger out there they have to thwart.

Cheers,
Troll

Putraack

Validated User
One thing I do go 'go big' is develop an eon or so back story. In your case you may want to go solar system wide threat or even something on a galactic. Something huge that will forever change Earth's very existence. Maybe the Martians are a threat but maybe there's something even bigger.
Check out http://hivequeenandcountry.com/home/ for some deep backstory with aliens all over the solar system.

Top Bottom