IC Save Game: Fight the Zeroes!

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It is quiet tonight, something unusual in the rubble-strewn, war-torn streets of Cartridge Gardens - the last remaining city on Tendoria Island free of the Glitch. The once-bright island is heavy with tension and fraught with peril, as the guards continuously patrol the streets, eyes peeled for any sign of glowing, static-laced purple: the mark of the infected. The Glitch spreads swiftly, and both citizens and guards are forced to drastic measures to keep it out of the city, whether by willingly abandoning their homes and loved ones to dwell in the refugee city known as the Corrupt Sector - or by being forcefully removed there.

Meanwhile, the Zeroes - once great heroes now fallen through infection by the Glitch - are plotting, turning their eyes towards the last bastion of safety against the swarming tides of infected rovers and jacks, even as they scheme and work against one another to be the one to strike the final blow. Darkness is falling, and swiftly, and none know if they will be able to survive the last attack once it lands, and if not, then the Glitch will consume Tendoria Island, and nothing will remain, all fallen to madness.

That is where you come in - pixons who have gathered heeding the call of Mary, the owner of the Bit-Mart chain of stores, to rise up and do the unthinkable: to enter the very lairs of the Zeroes, and either cure them or strike them down once and for all to stop the looming threat plaguing every pixon's waking hour.

The three of you have banded together in a mutual (if not somewhat strained) accord to try your hand at accomplishing what most see as the impossible. You have gathered outside the main Bit-Mart store located in the central square of Cartridge Gardens, right next to the massive map that details all of the locations of Tendoria Island. The high-definition moon shines its rays through the broken walkways, and far off in the distance you can see the static-filled purple clouds of the Glitch looming on the horizon.

It is all up to you now, each of you knows this in your heart of hearts. Many pixons have gone before you to try their hand and become heroes, and all have fallen. Great names such as Punchy Prawn, Filler Moth, RedCat, and Aiden Dracula mark a wall in the Central Square - casualties to the dread Zeroes and the Glitch. And when they fell, so too did their games succumb to the horrid purple virus and were obliterated - a fate you have no doubt that your game will share should you fail.

It's a lot of pressure, stress, tension and danger. But it is from this crucible that heroes shall be forged, to save the world itself.

Or all is lost.

Unka Josh

Social Justice Game Dev
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"...We need a place to start," said Maddie. (Princess Madarinia "Maddie" Spacestal formally, but this was no time for formalities. "I can fight, of course, but it's pointless if our victories don't change anything. We need a way to end this, to bring back some of the corrupted. There's no help for that."

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
“I agree,” Rocky says, “I suggest we start with Dr Chompah; if we can cure him of the Glitch, he’ll be able to help us cure more pixons.”

Crimson Carcharodon

Validated User
"Yes, let's start with the good Doctor. Perhaps he can help us stave off inevitable nuclear apocalypse as well." Talon says, as he fiddles with yet another of his several dozen gadgets and gewgaws.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Your holographic communicators - gifts on loan from Mary - suddenly make a pleasant chiming sound and a three-dimensional virtual representation of the owner of Bit-Mart appears before you, always with that mysterious knowing smile on her face.

"The vocal registration software inside your communicators picked up your conversation and noted certain keywords - specifically that you intend to go to Good's Mile Hospital and make Doctor Chompah your first target, and that your self-proclaimed mission is to free him to assist you in saving other pixons.

An interesting conundrum faces you however: none of you are students of Hax, and thus defeating the Doctor will only result in his permanent death, as you possess no means of extracting the Glitch from him once he is weakened. While this isn't a concern of mine, it is certainly an impediment for you."

That's a bit of a blow, because it does ring true - without a means of getting rid of the Glitch warping the Doctor's code, there's no saving him. You've all already witnessed what happens when a pixon loses their last life while affected by the Glitch: a horrific, agonizing death followed by Jacks spawning from the corpse remnants of the pixon's code; or worse, permanent transformation into a Rover.

Last edited:

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Rocky says, to her, “Mary, is there something you can give us to do that. A potion maybe?”

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Rocky says, to her, “Mary, is there something you can give us to do that. A potion maybe?”
The holographic vision of Mary gets a subtle glimmer in her gaze from your inquiry.

"There are three ways I'm currently aware of that will allow you to extract the Glitch. The first is the most simple: one of you will have to learn to use Hax. I can implant this knowledge, at the cost of a Coin and overwriting one of your known Skills.

The second is a little more dangerous to acquire, but easier to use: there are rumors of a legendary knife in Pipe Town known as Pippa's Pizza Cutter, an item said to be capable of cutting the Glitch right out of a pixon. However, the knife is said to be lost in the depths of the Black Olive Sewers. Good luck getting it.

The final method is my patented Glitch-B-Gone, a spray elixir distilled from raw Glitch code and Hax energy. It'll wipe the stain of Glitch right out of a pixon, but each dose is good for only a single use, and costs six Coins. That's two from each of you."

An image of a glowing silver and purple spray bottle suddenly appears next to Mary, revolving in place with a six Coin price tag displayed.

Last edited:

Unka Josh

Social Justice Game Dev
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I'm willing to brave the sewers," said Maddie. "Better that than changing who I am too much."

Crimson Carcharodon

Validated User
Talon looks side to side in a shifty sort of way. He brings one clawed hand to his chin and rubs it thoughtfully.

"Well. How bad could learning Hax be? I mean, it probably won't kill me any more than the impending nuclear doom will. But, if we prefer, perhaps we should investigate these sewers."

Top Bottom