• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[schlock Mercenary] So I just read Today's strip..

Max

A dapper chap without a doubt
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Planetary cores are not meaningful power sources by the standards in play.
Depends on what you're powering. If all you need is long term propulsion and life support, it might be plenty. (Especially if you swap it for an annie plant.)

I think there's very good reasons to think that having bits that are able to hold themselves together remains important to Schlock Mercenary tech, even for precursors.
Even actual spontaneously formed planets do hold themselves together well enough to be useful.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
Depends on what you're powering. If all you need is long term propulsion and life support, it might be plenty. (Especially if you swap it for an annie plant.)
If you swap it for an annie plant, it's not remotely a planetary core anymore.

If you don't, no, it's just not that much energy. It won't power long term life support, and the only reason it might be said to power long term propulsion is because you don't need any propulsion in the long term.
Even actual spontaneously formed planets do hold themselves together well enough to be useful.
Yes, but they don't have internal bits that do.

Max

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm just saying, all we actually know is that these are massive, round worldships capable of intergalactic (or at least exogalactic) travel. They could be built in any which way that may or may not make sense.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Okay, we've got a serious fleet up against Micky Mouse. Now lets see what they can do besides just be big. I have a feeling it won't be pleasant.

Max

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Okay, we've got a serious fleet up against Micky Mouse. Now lets see what they can do besides just be big. I have a feeling it won't be pleasant.
This isn't that fleet, yet. They seem like normal (for certain values of "normal") galactic ships that we've seen before, not the supermassive exo-galactics.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
This isn't that fleet, yet. They seem like normal (for certain values of "normal") galactic ships that we've seen before, not the supermassive exo-galactics.
Oh I know, I just mean that we've got several of the new battletetrahedrons and Petey's warships. What they can do to something the size of a gas giant is a good question but, well, we know they can burst a star bubble if they work hard enough at it...

Max

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh, yeah, this should be fairly plenipotent in its own right. :)

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Oh I know, I just mean that we've got several of the new battletetrahedrons and Petey's warships. What they can do to something the size of a gas giant is a good question but, well, we know they can burst a star bubble if they work hard enough at it...
A star mylar balloon. This is different...

Top Bottom