• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[schlock Mercenary] So I just read Today's strip..

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
But they went along with him with the ‘blow it up just in case’ thing and he HAS been the same since before the dinosaurs. But I suppose you’re right. Still think I’m right though.
What "blow it up just in case" thing? The only thing like that I can think of was the other aliens fragging the probe that these people had left in Sol.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Meanwhile, Today, we find out that the crew are probably going to be turned INTO dinosaurs.

What "blow it up just in case" thing? The only thing like that I can think of was the other aliens fragging the probe that these people had left in Sol.
Must be misremembering

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
The use of a fiddlybit to project that hologram indicates meatspace to me.
There's a number of props that they shouldn't need in simulation, it's true. They might choose to have then anyway, though that would suggest a very different approach toward being infomorphs than the All-Star takes.

I suppose they might be talking about meat-space quarantine because they realize the occupants of Pursuing Dinosaurs must be infomorphs that they maybe don't want running around in their network. (Which as the techy one says is probably unnecessary, but Thurl has a demonstrated skill for breaking things...)

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
There's a number of props that they shouldn't need in simulation, it's true. They might choose to have then anyway, though that would suggest a very different approach toward being infomorphs than the All-Star takes.

I suppose they might be talking about meat-space quarantine because they realize the occupants of Pursuing Dinosaurs must be infomorphs that they maybe don't want running around in their network. (Which as the techy one says is probably unnecessary, but Thurl has a demonstrated skill for breaking things...)
Then again, given raptor bodies... I mean, gravy and super intelligence cheese aside, we’ve seen a *headless monkey* be a deadly force multiplier before.

Though hopefully this conversation involves more talking than mercing but they ARE a group of informorph solider with a penchant for radically disproportionate chaos. You know that some idiot is going to make this all go up in flames. It may even not be the toughs this time.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
So, if they're in 'meatspace quarentine' now and weren't suspended for days or weeks between panels, this may be the most impressive technical feat in the comic to date.

Because it's rather appearing to imply that the worldship folks just fabricated the bodies of a bunch of species they'd never seen before, quickly, and ensouled them standing upright

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Good point.

Possibly they're generic bodies shaped to match body image, with little digital processors in the skulls (assuming the sleeves are even biological), rather than DNA-accurate clones with meat-brains, but that's still impressive for dealing with an alien infosphere. Unless Peter made it to be as accessible as possible, which would make sense for a Hail Mary diplomatic mission.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
So I just read today's strip... can I just reiterate how much I love her?
Good point.

Possibly they're generic bodies shaped to match body image, with little digital processors in the skulls (assuming the sleeves are even biological), rather than DNA-accurate clones with meat-brains, but that's still impressive for dealing with an alien infosphere. Unless Peter made it to be as accessible as possible, which would make sense for a Hail Mary diplomatic mission.
"I'm not saying it's an optimal outcome, but IF they decide to vivisect your brain I want them to learn everything they possibly can."
-Petey, probably

Top Bottom