• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Scott Adams (Dilbert Guy) is a misogynist asshole.

Springaldjack

Mothman Analogue Diogenes
So Scott Adams wrote, and then deleted, a blog post of wildly idiotic misogyny. Thanks to the wonder of the internet it has been preserved.

You can read it here.

For those who won't, here's some choice quotes.

Scott Asshole said:
Generally speaking, society discourages male behavior whereas female behavior is celebrated. Exceptions are the fields of sports, humor, and war. Men are allowed to do what they want in those areas. [...]The reality is that women are treated differently by society for exactly the same reason that children and the mentally handicapped are treated differently. It’s just easier this way for everyone. You don’t argue with a four-year old about why he shouldn’t eat candy for dinner. You don’t punch a mentally handicapped guy even if he punches you first. And you don’t argue when a women tells you she’s only making 80 cents to your dollar. It’s the path of least resistance. You save your energy for more important battles.[...]I realize I might take some heat for lumping women, children and the mentally handicapped in the same group. So I want to be perfectly clear. I’m not saying women are similar to either group. I’m saying that a man’s best strategy for dealing with each group is disturbingly similar. If he’s smart, he takes the path of least resistance most of the time, which involves considering the emotional realities of other people. A man only digs in for a good fight on the few issues that matter to him, and for which he has some chance of winning. This is a strategy that men are uniquely suited for because, on average, we genuinely don’t care about 90% of what is happening around us
I haven't read Dilbert in some time, and now I'm very very glad. This is some crazy shit. I really love how he's convinced that in most fields of human endeavour everything favors women.

Menocchio

Eccentric Thousandaire
Validated User
Is the brain-eater a documented risk for cartoonists the way it is for novelists? Most just get lazy. Maybe Johnny Hart's conversion to Christianity and the subsequent bizarrely preachy BC would be another example.

AJFixer

Writer
Validated User
Meh. I've heard countless comedians make similar "observations" over the years. Comic makes joke at the expense of women. I don't agree with the sentiment, but it's hardly headline-worthy.

Menocchio

Eccentric Thousandaire
Validated User
Dave Sim.
Hmm... I was thinking more narrowly in terms of newspaper strip cartoonists, but fair enough.

Theron said:
Neal Adams
Does he really count? He's got that insane crackpot theory about the expanding earth, sure, but he's capable of keeping it out of his work. He's also a terrible writer, but that's not what he's famous for. He's still a pretty good artist.

Top Bottom