• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Sean Patrick Fannon called out for multiple cases of sexual harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogasnor

Sdrawkcab delleps eman ym
Validated User
I just read the ENWorld post...

...I feel icky now. Like I need bleach for my eyeballs. :mad:

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Might want to get in touch with the con organisers to get guidance on how they intend to handle it.
Yeah, reached out via Facebook PM to just see...like...what's up.

ETA: What I'm hearing from a few industry friends is that the allegations have been examined before, including by women-led organizations, and were found to be less-than-accurate (and weren't found to be credible enough to be run by a different site, apparently?). It might all be some sort of grudge, or...something? I dunno.

I guess my plan is to just go to Chupa and try to hang out, but keep eyes wide open. *sigh* I just wanna hang out and talk games, eat some delicious Austin food, and have a nice, chill, weekend to kick off convention season. I am well aware that I am not the real victim here or anything, but man this sucks. I hate how tiny and incestuous this industry can be, sometimes, and how nasty it gets when friends are choosing sides and assembling firing squads.

Last edited:

akajdrakeh

Pronounced 'akkadrakka'
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It was rewarding to see someone whose views on this topic I find repellent immediately get booted for good. No regrets there.
I can't disagree. The thing that does it for me is the whole "Harassment hasn't occurred until proven before a court of law and these alleged victims are liars until a judge says otherwise!" battle cry of sexual harassment champions. That bullshit is just so fucking tired.

Last edited:

salamanca

Lost in his own museum
Validated User
Crit, if the con is literally days away, there may not be a lot of time for them to sort out allegations. I would certainly voice concerns and ask about it but I would also not burn any bridges if they can't sort it out in 3-4 days time.

But down the road, yeah. Mr. Fannon is not someone I would be adding to a guest list. But I have said that about him for the last 6 years or so. His behavior is less than professional at events.

Particle_Man

White Knight
Validated User
It looks like at least two of the accusers kept receipts as the saying goes. The con may wish to re-examine their position in light of that.

Sphinx of Black Quartz

Huggable Space Caterpillar
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Guidance:

Here's a heads up: "Innocent until proven guilty" is a maxim that applies to the courts. It is not a legal ban on discussion of immoral or illegal activity without an accompanying criminal conviction. Notably, "innocent until proven guilty!" gets thrown around way more often in discussions of sexual violence than it does for almost anything else.

The moderation will regard complaints about "but innocent until proven guilty!" in this thread as sexist derailing.

AJ the Ronin

I am Loki
Validated User
Yeah, reached out via Facebook PM to just see...like...what's up.

ETA: What I'm hearing from a few industry friends is that the allegations have been examined before, including by women-led organizations, and were found to be less-than-accurate (and weren't found to be credible enough to be run by a different site, apparently?). It might all be some sort of grudge, or...something? I dunno.

I guess my plan is to just go to Chupa and try to hang out, but keep eyes wide open. *sigh* I just wanna hang out and talk games, eat some delicious Austin food, and have a nice, chill, weekend to kick off convention season. I am well aware that I am not the real victim here or anything, but man this sucks. I hate how tiny and incestuous this industry can be, sometimes, and how nasty it gets when friends are choosing sides and assembling firing squads.
I like your work in Shadowrun and (since you seem to be the same person) always hold you to a high standard back in Privateer's board (I was AJ the Ronin there). I hope things work out for the best.

Heck, I hope your sources are right since I like SPF writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom