• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Seeking info on Fey for Eden's Armageddon the End Times

HappyDaze

Banned
I've been reading through Armageddon the End Times since finding two really nice copies for cheap last week. I was looking at setting a game in Britain and saw that the Fey are allies in the fight against the Church of Revelations in Europe. Unfortunately, I don't see anything in the book for such characters. Are they Titan-ilk (like with Avatars, Inheritors, and Incarnates) or something else? If something else, does anyone know where I can get some rules for them?

zcthu3

Validated User
They never came out for Armageddon or Witchcraft. I think, from memory, there is a few comments in the various supplements about them living in Yesod, but I might have my sephiroth wrong.

There were fae rules in Ghosts of Albion, but there were 1) for Cinematic Unisystem and 2) designed with the GoA setting in mind.

You can probably hack something together with the Primal Powers in Armageddon; I would suspect that they would have some sort of glamour powers, but otherwise be quite varied.

urbwar

Hallowicked
Validated User
The rules for Fey will be appearing in Beyond Human. It was supposedly sent to someone to edit (iirc) back in may, and no update since.

HappyDaze

Banned
The rules for Fey will be appearing in Beyond Human. It was supposedly sent to someone to edit (iirc) back in may, and no update since.
I have my doubts on Beyond Human being done this decade...

However, if it is ever completed, is it going to be for Classic or Cinematic Unisystem?

urbwar

Hallowicked
Validated User
I have my doubts on Beyond Human being done this decade...

However, if it is ever completed, is it going to be for Classic or Cinematic Unisystem?
well being at the editor is better than still being in playtest ;)

It's designed primarily for Cinematic, but the fey rules were from a Witchcraft supplement, so it should be fine with classic (and thus work fine with Armageddon)

Fred

Surely you jest, Mr Fred
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The editor is Thom Marrion (aka xnbach, he has a profile here). He did write some material for the fey that's supposed, as urbwar said, to appear in BH. IIRC, it includes the Fey Quality, some stuff about their society, glamour and their magic weapons.

Tchau!

urbwar

Hallowicked
Validated User
The editor is Thom Marrion (aka xnbach, he has a profile here). He did write some material for the fey that's supposed, as urbwar said, to appear in BH. IIRC, it includes the Fey Quality, some stuff about their society, glamour and their magic weapons.

Tchau!
Thom actually took over as the book's author. The person it was sent off to for editing/layout, isn't, afaik, Thom

xnbach

Retired User
Thom Marrion here.

As they said, I threw in WitchCraft /Armageddon rules for the Fey into Beyond Human because I knew there would never be a Book of Yesod coming out in this reality (I also threw in some WitchCraft kosher rules for Dragons and Deities because I'm just nice like that and have a soft spot for WC). There are five types of Fey- the Alfar Sidhe (basically Elves), the Dverger Sidhe (basically Dwarves), the Puca (wild little shapeshifters), the Ellyllon (tiny pixies), and the Huldra (biracial mix of Alfar Sidhe and the Satyroi from Arcadia, so Elves with tails and sometimes horns). The Alfar Sidhe make up the nobility, the other Fey are the commoners. There are also the Fomoiri, big monstrous humanoids who come in all shapes and sizes.

The Fey live in Avalon and are divided between the Seelie Court (good guys who can be a little capricious) and the Unseelie Court (bad guys who have actively hated humanity since the Fall of Atlantis). A map of the Realm of Avalon looks like a rorshach test, with both halves roughly the size of the combined British isles. Avalon is actually the name of the half the Seelie Court rules, Annwyn is controlled by the Unseelie Court. Auberon is High King of the Seelie Court, his consort Titania left for parts unknown over a century ago, and High Queen Mab rules the Unseelie Court.

There are dimensional gateways throughout the Northern Hemisphere that connect to the Fey Realm, so sometimes the Unseelie Court will send through the Wild Hunt (evil Alfar Sidhe on levitating Fey Horses) and sometimes Fmoiri raiding parties will come through.

Fey are vulnerable to Star Iron (i.e. iron forged from a meteorite) but some few Fey are vulnerable to ALL iron.

They have their own powers that are mostly about illusion and enchantment (you could use the powers from Ghosts of Avalon as an easy substitute for now) and can also Magic or the Sight, but no other Metaphysics.

xnbach

Retired User
Can't really get into actual stat bonuses because of Non-Disclosure, but I will say that the Alfar Sidhe are more able than True Immortals, but not as imposing as Nephilim. You could probably fake it by taking the True Immortal stats and give them an extra Dexterity and Perception bonus.

As far as that goes, if you wanted Dverger Sidhe characters as well, you could fake it by starting with the Shetarri Warrior Quality and adding Maker and the Sight. Fey Enchanted items are of course different from Atlantean Artifacts (they are made out of Fey Silver and the artifacts are a bit more versatile in their possible powers) and Dverger Sidhe are not actually as strong as Shetarri, but close enough for government work.

While we are on the subject, while the Dverger Sidhe are the "dwarves" of the setting, they look less like Gimli and company, more like vampire Neanderthals. Corpse-pale, black hair, heavy brows, generally brutish-looking, but as tall as mundane humans.

Puca are three feet high and look like Australopithicines, all ape-faced and covered in hair. They all have at least one animal form, which is usually their default form while in the human world. The fact that the three most numerous Fey races so closely resemble past stages of human evolution (and each form arose after the equivalent human species) has led to the theory that the Fey are somehow mirrors of humanity and dependent on us for their very existence.

Most Fey find this idea ludicrous and a tad heretical.

xnbach

Retired User
As far as Beyond Human goes, final draft was turned in ages ago, so now it is all about editing, lay out, and finding a print window for it. Those bits are all out of my hands (I just finished writing the thing) so no idea when it will actually come out.

Top Bottom