• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User

Seems like From Software can't put a foot wrong. Sekiro looks great and is getting strong reviews.

I'm just downloading the patch before I start - anyone else picking this up?

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Whelp, this sure is a Dark Soulsy ninja game.... It's got that Dark Souls engine look.

Njorhg

Validated User
I think the game is super good.

Whelp, this sure is a Dark Soulsy ninja game.... It's got that Dark Souls engine look.
At this point I think it's closer to Nioh than Dark Souls. The lack of a stamina bar makes the game much different from what you might expect. The game is very fast paced, at least. It's a fair bit distanced both from Nioh and Dark Souls.

Last edited:

James Weatherby

Dour Little Bird
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's supposed to be the hardest Fromsoft game to date, which is not a selling point for me. I'm too old for this shit, so probably not getting it, at least not until it goes on a deep sale so that when I try and then nope out I won't feel like I wasted my money.

Also no spellcasting, which makes me sad.

It does look pretty fantastic though from what I've watched on Twitch, if you are into swordplay.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Darn it; I'd like to have this, but I've already got a bunch of games lined up, and it grates against my frugality right now.

Argent

Anywhere... just not here
Validated User
I am very, very tempted to get it for PS4 come Monday´s paycheck.

awesomeocalypse

Validated User
This is looking like Bloodborne to me, i.e. probably gonna be objectively great, and looks aesthetically gorgeous, but embraces an overall design direction of being fast paced and limiting player magic that I'm not a huge fan of. I'll still probably pick it up and enjoy it, but I doubt I'll love it as much as I do Dark Souls

6inTruder

Oscars are Duche!
Validated User
This looks so cool that I am again tempted to buy a PS4. Also, the Design Works should be great L5R fodder!

Lord Raziere

Banned
Validated User
I'm playing it and it has a good acrobatic, jumpy style, and has stealth elements. Its not a pure dark souls game, because you can stealth away and hide then come back and kill more when they stop searching for you. however actual combat I'm having a little trouble with, because I'm used to having a shield to just block and stab with my rapier, and here it just seems that the enemies don't hit stun when I attack them without deflecting, I haven't gotten a full of handle of how posture works, so I'm just gathering skills one by one, killing things with single-hit ambush strikes, building up my character and trying to practice deflecting consecutively because thats this games parrying and it is needed to be good at it.

like you can't just parry and insta-kill here, you have to do things to break their guard until they are ready for you to kill them, particularly on the bosses which I have not beaten any yet. there is a certain freedom of being able to go around stuff much more than Dark souls however. its hard, but different. its not that its worse or harder than dark souls, its that its so much its own thing and so changed up that you have learn a new paradigm to get anywhere.

so, my advice is mainly pay attention to posture bars and how to get it down, because it is vital, you will need to learn the rhythm of deflecting because you'll need it to do it like, multiple times in a burst but you can't just mash, and learn pick things off one by one. it is still a game where your dead if multiple things attack you. but it is fun, you just got to adapt to a more "guerrilla fighter, kill and hide" mentality than "do these steps in sequence and you'll win" mentality.

Top Bottom