• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

manwhat

Thoroughly mediocre GM.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Shuriken and Flamethrower are the right choices for Lapis Lazuli. Shuriken are always useful, and the flamethrower effect + Living Force is actually a free Divine Confetti effect for as long as it lasts.

--

You can beat the last boss and not trigger any ending yet - there's a dialogue marker where you basically pick which one you want when you go up to it.

Ending cutoffs guide:

Shura ending: This is the obvious earlier choice made at the top of Ashina Castle at twilight.
Immortal Severance: The 'default' ending with nothing extra.
Purification: Eavesdropping on Emma about it as much as possible should be done before getting the three items, but I don't think you need to. You need to complete original Hirata estate before completing the Palace (this burns people on NG+ who miss doing original Hirata, which you are then locked out of if you wait until endgame). You also need to eavesdrop/talk to Emma and Sculptor before completing the Palace, but after being at the top of Ashina Castle at twilight, to get the bell. Once you have the bell, you can actually complete the last boss before you even go there, if you really want.
Dragon's Return: I think this is slightly timeline independent. Starting it will vary depending on if you go to Senpou before beating Genichiro the first time, though - the key item you need to kick it off will be underwater at Senpou if you don't sequence break. Once you do, I think you can get the next two items you need and progress the quest any time, though I might be wrong and you need to do it before returning to the top of Ashina at twilight.

Morty

Validated User
There seems to be a prayer bead unaccounted for... I've killed the three mini-bosses in the final area and I have three beads. I do hope I didn't miss one in some place I can't go back to.

Shiny Jim

Shiny
Validated User
Shuriken and Flamethrower are the right choices for Lapis Lazuli. Shuriken are always useful, and the flamethrower effect + Living Force is actually a free Divine Confetti effect for as long as it lasts.
Enh, once you've got the Jade Dragon, Divine confetti becomes way less valuable than spirit emblems.

Morty

Validated User
I really hate the feeling of almost defeating a boss (the other optional endgame boss) but dying and then not being able to do half as well on any subsequent attempt.

manwhat

Thoroughly mediocre GM.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There seems to be a prayer bead unaccounted for... I've killed the three mini-bosses in the final area and I have three beads. I do hope I didn't miss one in some place I can't go back to.
No prayer bead is permanently missable - the Dilapidated Temple offering box will contain any you can't get any more.
The three you're most likely to have missed:
1. On top of the Buddha in the poison pool area.
2. Hidden rotating wall in Hirata estate - right before the Hidden Temple Idol, look for a hanging wallscroll.
3. Hidden rotating wall in Ashina Castle - after the Antechamber Idol, look for a scroll between two suits of armor, on the side of the room where you might recall two dudes sitting down to have tea.

I really hate the feeling of almost defeating a boss (the other optional endgame boss) but dying and then not being able to do half as well on any subsequent attempt.
If your pride allows it, a glitch allows a free win.

Morty

Validated User
No prayer bead is permanently missable - the Dilapidated Temple offering box will contain any you can't get any more.
The three you're most likely to have missed:
1. On top of the Buddha in the poison pool area.
2. Hidden rotating wall in Hirata estate - right before the Hidden Temple Idol, look for a hanging wallscroll.
3. Hidden rotating wall in Ashina Castle - after the Antechamber Idol, look for a scroll between two suits of armor, on the side of the room where you might recall two dudes sitting down to have tea.
Yeah, turns out I was missing one in a very secret passage in the Sunken Valley, past the centipede mini-boss.

If your pride allows it, a glitch allows a free win.
I don't know if I'm quite there yet. I just need to somehow remember what I did last time that allowed me to almost win. I was literally one strike away. I'm having real trouble avoiding the stomps when I'm up close and swinging. Blocking doesn't seem to work, so I need to run away early enough.

Morty

Validated User
A few dozen attempts later, with my supply of pellets almost gone and another bounty of emblems burned through, this glitch is starting to sound pretty tempting.

Shiny Jim

Shiny
Validated User
You can definitely block stomps. You can block any attack he does that's not by his flaming hand (or perilous).

manwhat

Thoroughly mediocre GM.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't know if it helps at all, but his big charge across the arena? It counts as a sweep. Can't hurt you if you jump.

Everything else he does can be blocked with the fire umbrella.

Morty

Validated User
I don't know if it helps at all, but his big charge across the arena? It counts as a sweep. Can't hurt you if you jump.

Everything else he does can be blocked with the fire umbrella.
I am entirely aware of that, but sometimes I'll just mistime it by a hair's breadth and get hit. Or I'm locked into another animation and likewise get it. Using the fireproof umbrella has depleted my emblems, so I need to go and farm for them and pellets again.

Top Bottom