• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Yeah, I'm still picking up an understanding of posture too. And the rhythm of these souls like games by From is always just different enough to throw off the muscle memory.

Caseyg

Validated User
It's pretty funny how Sekiro's answer to pretty much every question is a non-committal grunt:

Hmm...? Never Seen you Before.
Your Name?
(Sekiro)
Hmph. Won't tell me?
... But you do have the look of a skilled shinobi.
A shinobi.... Or perhaps...
(Sekiro)

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Lady Butterfly has wrecked me a few times, I'm getting her close but not quite getting enough damage on in the windows afforded in the second phase. Given I have seen zero snap seeds other than the one the guy gave me (which I used out of combat because I was confused), I expect I'm doing her out of order and can probably fight someone else in the outskirts instead.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
So far I haven't figured out how to differentiate "keeping up an attack to drain posture" from "whaling on the enemy mindlessly and getting smashed".

I also need to remember I don't have stamina, so I don't need to pull back to regain it....

Last edited:

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
I never really used parrying much in Souls, considering it a too-high-risk endeavour due to its short timeframe to be worthwhile. As such, I expect that, and learning to read the cues for special attacks for how I'm supposed to defend are going to be my biggest stumbling blocks in this. The first special foe after the tutorial (I'm really not very far in this) is proving quite challenging but doesn't seem insurmountable, and I went back and practiced jump-dodging the sweeps at the trainer, which I expect will make a difference as well.

And, of course, I begin the fight with a backstab. Which helps a lot, too.

Njorhg

Validated User
I think I'm heading into the end game. I haven't really gotten stuck anywhere yet, but there's a chance that there'll be a difficulty jump similar to the post-Yhorm/Aldrich one of Ds3.

At this point I feel as if the one thing that might be making this game more difficult than its From predecessors is the lack of phantoms to summon to get you through difficult areas or bosses.

Last edited:

Alvyn

Validated User
The Dark Souls/Bloodborne aesthetic (both mechanical and visual) has never appealed me, but the addition of stealth and traversal mechanics to this one attracted my attention. Are these robust enough for someone who is not remotely interested in difficulty-based games to give this a try?

Deptfordx

Validated User
I would love to play this, but I only got through the Dark Souls games hiding behind shields and summoning help and Bloodborne and Nioh wrecked me. I do not have the eyesight or twitch reflexes to play this.

Arseny

Validated User
The Dark Souls/Bloodborne aesthetic (both mechanical and visual) has never appealed me, but the addition of stealth and traversal mechanics to this one attracted my attention. Are these robust enough for someone who is not remotely interested in difficulty-based games to give this a try?
Possibly. Traversal/exploration is more robust compared to Souls. Jumping and grapple-hooking to places feels fun and rewadring. Stealth more-or-less works – you can one-shot a lot of enemies if you sneak on them. But you still have to fight sometimes, and combat can be taxing. I use CheatEngine to slow the game to 60% speed for some of the harder enemies, it makes it more manageable for me.

It’s also definitely most user-friendly and plot-heavy FS game – it actually explains things and there are dialogue, cutscenes, playable flashbacks, etc. It’s also very pretty, if you like Samurai cinema aesthetics.

Lord Raziere

Banned
Validated User
anyone else having your game suddenly uh.... close itself when you try to continue or load your game? because I woke up and tried to to start playing it and every time it does so, when I click continue or load game, it just auto-closes me out to the desk top. gonna try and turning my computer off and on again see if that works.

Edit: good news, solved, restarting did the trick, beat Juzou and the shinobi hunter, now trying to defeat Lady Butterfly. should've named Lady playerbutcher, she is the first boss that doesn't an entire section of a zone in front of them to weaken me, and its because she doesn't need anyone else to do it.
Spoiler: Show
when I killed her, I thought she had only one death blow because she was an old lady.....but nope. illusion. real lady butterfly comes back to kill me with illusions and butterflies and I realized that I had only been fighting the first phase. dammit.

also I'm starting to see the importance of shifting around without jumping. its this games equivalent to dodge rolling. and worse with the stealth and jump mechanics and so on I can't just switch the keys around because I might need to jump at some point to dodge a wide sweep. I'm playing on a keyboard, so my left pinky finger finally finds a use in helping me evade Lady Butterfly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom