• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
If you've beat Gyoubu you're at the right power level for Lady Butterfly. There's a few minibosses in Ashina Castle and other places if you really feel short of prayer beads but most players find the Ashina Castle boss harder than Butterfly.

manwhat

Thoroughly mediocre GM.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Save your snap seeds for another boss (you don't need it at all, but it's funny). Just dodge Butterfly's own illusions.

She's actually weak to a very simple combo: slash twice, dodge forward-right. Slash twice, dodge forward-left.

Morty

Validated User
I think I'm making progress with the final bosses. Ako's Spiritfall is more useful than I expected - the vitality damage adds up, but it also lets me build up posture damage a lot more quickly. Enough to posture-break the second boss, if I'm quick enough that it won't regenerate. I'm probably going to have to lean on Mortal Draw some more, though. Maybe once I've run out of emblems for the spiritfall.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Huh; I wasn't actually expecting Sekiro to have branching, interconnected paths, but I'm glad that it does. Recapturing just a taste of that original Dark Souls flavour that the sequels never quite had.

I wonder if that fellow from the starting area might have had more to him if he'd survived; he was certainly more talkative than the average mini-boss. Still, he attacked me, and I could hardly let that slide. Got a very nice sword fight from it anyway.

The spear is a pretty cool addition to my arsenal, but the fire crackers are undeniably my new favourite.

I like the look of the Abandoned Dungeon as this game's rendition of a Blighttown kind of pit of despair, although I'm at a bit of a loss for how to get somebody to the creep surgeon, and that boss... I've got a vantage point for a jumping attack sure, but all of that deadly purple nonsense he's surrounded with...

Still, taking on a mountain top temple filled with evil Buddhist monks is feeling pretty cool, looking forward to doing more with that. I like Kotaro; I think he's treated fairly respectfully by the framing, even within his impairment.

I've gotten a decent amount of progress along skill trees, and made another prayer necklace, so come resolving the temple I think I'll be confident to give Lady Butterfly another goal, even if I can't find another source for those illusion dispelling beans.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Hmm, fighting the Armoured Warrior was... unnerving. The whole premise of him trying to find something to save his kid, and then needing to beat him by knocking him down a chasm, it's all a bit too cold.

I like the whole thing of the demon bell as a means of optional difficulty and reward increase.

I'm guessing that the Sculptor will provide more goodies if I give him new sake varieties. And that I might get something to spirit away Kotaro.

manwhat

Thoroughly mediocre GM.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm guessing that the Sculptor will provide more goodies if I give him new sake varieties. And that I might get something to spirit away Kotaro.
Actually, the only thing sake provides is lore. You learn a bit more about how the characters relate to each other and some of the history of the setting. If you hunt around there's enough of each sake type for everyone and there's nobody I really recommend prioritising sake for over anyone else.

Monochrome Tide

Someone
Validated User
Hmm, fighting the Armoured Warrior was... unnerving. The whole premise of him trying to find something to save his kid, and then needing to beat him by knocking him down a chasm, it's all a bit too cold.

I like the whole thing of the demon bell as a means of optional difficulty and reward increase.

Consider what's present at the temple, and the utter lack of scruples or compassion for others the monks of Senpou display. Also consider the corpses all over.

I sincerely doubt Robert is alive. The poor man just was being strung along.

I do appreciate that he is literally invincible against your katana.

Top Bottom