• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

manwhat

Thoroughly mediocre GM.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Robert's Dad the Armored Warrior is literally a guy in Dark Souls armor... who is a dad... and who is giant-sized... with a zweihander... who can't be dealt health damage to because his armor is ridiculously strong and you could say he has infinite poise.

He's a giantdad build.

Morty

Validated User
Well, I've finished Sekiro. I approached the final boss another time, then somehow beat the first two phases without getting hit once, took a single hit in the third phase and beat the final phase with some effort. But I didn't die even once. Sometimes things just click, somehow.

That being said, after starting NG+, some things about chronology escape me.

Spoiler: Show
How much time passes between the attack on the Hirata estate and the start of the game? Wolf dies there for the first time, receives the Dragon's Heritage and apparently doesn't remember anything. Then we see him at the bottom of the well and Kuro is imprisoned by Genichiro's soldiers.

DareDaemon

The Daemon who Dares
Validated User
How much time passes between the attack on the Hirata estate and the start of the game? Wolf dies there for the first time, receives the Dragon's Heritage and apparently doesn't remember anything. Then we see him at the bottom of the well and Kuro is imprisoned by Genichiro's soldiers.
Three years. Apparently he's spent all that time in the well, thinking his master and father are dead and thus having nothing to live for, while also unable to die.

manwhat

Thoroughly mediocre GM.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
He's not been in the well the whole time. Emma says she nursed Wolf back to health at some point in between.
Different times.

The time between Hirata and game-start in the well-hole is three years, but there's also a smaller time-jump between the prologue and having the prosthetic attached where presumably the stump healed up and so forth.

Honestly the 'three year' gap probably should've been a bit shorter in the story, it seems like a leftover from an earlier draft where the game went straight from there to the prosthetic.

Morty

Validated User
The four endings seem to go from the most to least bleak.

The Shura ending has Wolf become a murder-obsessed monster who massacres people by the thousands. The Immortal Severance has him follow the same path as the Sculptor, with a massive karmic debt and no purpose in life left. Purification has him willingly sacrifice himself so Kuro can live his life free of the curse of his heritage. The Dragon's Homecoming... I'm not sure what does happen there, but it seems Kuro's soul ends up in the Divine Child of Rejuvenation? Then she and Wolf embark on a journey to the west, where the dragon had come from. If I replay Sekiro I'll try to get this ending.

Isator Levie

Validated User
I've not made use of it yet, which is a bit silly on my part, but I want to give a shout out to how the game gives you some capacity to bank your money by buying money purses from the Memorial Mobs. It's the kind of feature I often found myself a bit troubled by not being available in Dark Souls III, and looking back it would have been a good idea on a few occasions where I was dying a lot to some boss or obstacle. Could have held on to a lot of cash.

Well, I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Shiny Jim

Shiny
Validated User
Different times.

The time between Hirata and game-start in the well-hole is three years, but there's also a smaller time-jump between the prologue and having the prosthetic attached where presumably the stump healed up and so forth.
No, she's definitely referring to further in the past than last night.

Morty

Validated User
Much like in Dark Souls, the start of an NG+ run is very easy. I reached the sculptor's idol just before the giant serpent without dying once.

Top Bottom