• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Sell me on] That Certain Magical/Scientific *Splat*

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Someone said once "The high points of Index are better than the high points of Railgun, but the high points of Index all feature Railgun (the character)". Not true?

Last edited:

Rachel Cartacos

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
It really depends on what you consider high points.

My friend and I watching it got massive kicks out of everything involving the British Royal Family, Accel wasn't involved in any of that.

csyphrett

Validated User
I have only watched the first season of both Index and Railgun, and liked them despite Touma continually getting put in the hospital.
CES

Rachel Cartacos

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
Wait, I got really confused between Railgun and Accelerator. Have edited.
I dunno really, Mikasa is barely in Index and rarely does anything even when she is.

The major difference between the two is scale. Index has a grand scale, involving epic take over/destroy the world plots and wide ranging ancient conspiracies on both sides of the Magic/Science divide. Railgun is more down to Earth, involving plots largely incited by small groups of people entirely on the Science side, in between a lot of slice of life stuff. Accelerator is looking to be a sort of mix of the two.

It will honestly just come down to preferences. I like epic plots myself but find Touma really dull and uninteresting while I love Mikasa, so I prefer Railgun. I'd suggest seeing the first seasons of both and seeing which, or both, or neither, you want to continue with. (Don't start a Certain Scientific Accelerator until you've done the Sisters arc in at least one of the other two shows first though)

Top Bottom