• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Semi-closed Slow-burn Discussion] [Glorantha RQ/HQ]

Sam I Am

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Validated User
I think it was I who started the use of the phrase "semi-closed" on this forum. If so, huzzah! If not, well, there goes my claim to fame.

Anyway, you know who you are (most of the people I have played with here). If I don't know you, introduce yourself.

I´d like to work my way towards running a decent Gloranthan game here, in the near future, so I wouldn't mind a bit of chat.

My first choice would be RQG, if it looks like I can make that work. If not, HQ.

And I´d probably base it in Sartar. Sorry folks, but I love Sartar.

Any thoughts?

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hi! I'd be interested in playing in a Glorantha game, and Sartar sounds great. I got introduced to Glorantha via King of Dragon Pass, but have never managed to play a tabletop Glorantha game, and so a classic Sartar game would be very cool.

I imagine that HQ would be easier for a PBP game than RQG, but I've never played either game and so could be wrong.

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
I've got most of the HQ books, but I've never actually played RQG. I would, however, be willing to.

I'm always up for Glorantha, though there's a million things one can do in it, especially in Sartar. Do you have any particular things you'd want the game to focus on?

Ninevehn

Heart-furnace
Validated User
I'd be interested. When you say Sartar, are you thinking playing in Sartar generally, or playing Sartarites specifically?

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
I am all over pretty much anything Gloranthan. I'd want to know a bit more about the details of the campaign pitch before I got really invested, though, especially since there are Sartar-based pitches that I'd be interested in and others that I definitely wouldn't.

Last edited:

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Hi I’m Danny K and one of my games just went on hiatus so I have time. I love Glitantga but I’ve never actually gamed there; Sartar is great; I have the newest RQ but haven’t played it yet.

Sam I Am

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Validated User
Hey folks....thanks for your replies.

I hope you understand what I meant by 'slow burn'.... ;-) I´ve a lot on my plate at the moment but I am hoping to work towards running a game in, say, a couple of months.

By 'semi-closed', I mean to include people with whom I have already played games, like Nick and Ninevehn, but not necessarily exclude others. There are several others I would actively invite. Just so the people I am meeting now know where I am at.

I ran a long-running Pbem HQ game a while ago (I can provide the link) and I would be aiming to recreate something that is similar to that but perhaps more similar to the RQ games I have played here, run by Rstites and RoadScholar (who are invitees by default). I´d like to try out RQ because by the end of my experience of running HQ I felt I had seen behind the curtain.

As for setting, Sartar gives me plenty of information and inspiration. I could even start from Apple Lane, with a number of twists. But to answer Nin´s question, I´d probably be looking to have a coherent set of PC´s, but connected say by a temple, by a mercenary company or something, not sure. I´d love to try and work out Lunar characters from the stuff in ILH1 & 2. I´d probably opt for Lunar-occupied Sartar, but could try and move things to a more chaotic period later on.

Or...all characters are connected to a cult/temple, rather than a clan. Humakti, Seven Mothers, Storm Bull, Ernalda, Hwarin Dalthippa.

We could even have you all as secret Lunar plotters (i.e. internal lunar politics) to try and do something dastardly that...would need to involve Niall Hempenstall, in Delecti´s marsh

Whatever it is or will be , will involve fearsomely complicated plotting because I like that and that is easy for me. Problem will be the mechanics of the game ha ha ha.

I reckon if we go for RQG we´ll be learning the rules together. And hw to use them in PbP.

S.

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
We could even have you all as secret Lunar plotters (i.e. internal lunar politics) to try and do something dastardly that...would need to involve Niall Hempenstall, in Delecti´s marsh
Lunars...plotters....marsh....yeah that got me....

I usually play Ducks or Lunars these days and am pretty picky who I play with. That said mercenary band sounds good. Lankhor Mhy sword Sages anyone? Quoting poetry whilst stabbing bad guys?

Last edited:

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
Having a coherent group around which PCs are based, be it a clan, cult, or company, is definitely a good idea. I worry that it might be a bit harder to distinguish RQG characters if they were all from the same cult. My personal preference is likewise for Lunars, but I'm also not really interested in the scheming villain type.

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
I worry that it might be a bit harder to distinguish RQG characters if they were all from the same cult. .
From experience I disagree. I have a pbp game thats been running for 6years where everyone is from the same clan and cult. Characters couldnt be more different.

Sub cults, passions, loyalties, magic, weapons, spirits, posting style. The list is endless.

Seven Mothers cult.... seven differences straight up.

Top Bottom