• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Semi-Open Recruitment] 1920s Call of Cthulhu 6th Ed

pstjmack

Validated User
If anybody drops out before we really get going, I'll let you know. I have another idea for a CoC one-shot that I'll be running in the relatively near future (i.e., some time after this one) and I'll shoot you a PM when I get that one going if you can't get in here.
Iustum Iustum , I noticed Walkie Talkie just dropped out. Might I?

pstjmack

Validated User
Here we go: John Perry, with some way more mediocre rolls out of Orokos than I'd expect, but hey:

Characteristics: STR 6, CON 9, POW 10, DEX 7, APP 13

SIZ 11, INT 14

EDU 13

Idea 70
Know 65
Luck 50
Damage Bonus -1d4
HP 10
Magic Points 10
SAN 50

John Perry is the offspring of an old New England naval family, who grew up on Narragansett Bay and went to university at Brown, to study history. His studies were interrupted by the War, and he enlisted in the Navy, serving on sub chasers out of New London until his superiors decided that this gawky, geeky kid was better employed in the Office of Naval Intelligence. There, he spent more time surveilling docks and ports for spies and subversives than matching wits with the Kaiser's navy. Since mustering out, he's been getting by as a Coast Guard reservist, while writing works on naval history and covering the shipping news and naval matters for the Providence Journal and the Narragansett Times.

Last edited:

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Here we go: John Perry, with some way more mediocre rolls out of Orokos than I'd expect, but hey:

Characteristics: STR 6, CON 9, POW 10, DEX 7, APP 13

SIZ 11, INT 14

EDU 13

SAN: POW (10) x 5 = 50
Looks good. You can finish John up over in the OOC thread. Let me know what you're thinking as far as an occupation.

pstjmack

Validated User
Looks good. You can finish John up over in the OOC thread. Let me know what you're thinking as far as an occupation.
Will do. Please put me right on HP and Damage Bonus for 6th ed, as I'm way more familiar with both earlier editions and 7th.

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Okay, I'm feeling stuck with my character creation. I have the numbers down (I think), but I don't know what to do to flesh her out. I know for some people that random chargen inspires them somehow, but I'm stuck with a bunch of numbers I can't hang my hat on.
Sure, it can be tough to get going. It looks to me like you have a pretty good handle on her. CoC characters can be pretty broad - you don't really need a whole lot more than stats (which you have), a vague occupation and background (you're good there) and an idea of a personality.

So - Garnet's an archaeologist/anthropologist. He could be studying Native American settlements on Nantucket. Or, maybe he's down on his luck and teaching at the high school on the island.

If there's something in particular I can help with, just speak up.

Top Bottom