• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Sentinels of the Multiverse] I'm diggin' it

rickjthree

Social Justice Sidekick
Validated User
I've found that, by and large, in an OblivAeon fight, I rapidly lose track of what the hell is going on. Everything just catches fire for no reason. Why not.
What always surprises me is when I somehow go from 1 on the countdown clock to 4 without noticing.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
The Vengeful Five have TRIUMPHED over that insufferable Legacy! Little did he suspect that I, BARON BLADE, had suborned the forces of Fort Adamant to MY WILL!

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
We got lucky with a raft of ongoing removal in the opening hands.

Also got support from a plasma cannon and the General; in the end, Ironlegs was nibbled to death by ducks crows.

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
I tend to find that matches against Iron Legacy either go really well, or I just get slammed in two rounds.

BTW, Luminary is officially my favourite character. He's just FUN.

Crothian

Validated User
Luminary is just awesome. It's also easy to get into character with him and I enjoy the flavor text of his cards.

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Luminary is definitely the highlight of the reformed villains for me, too, though I've found that Lifeline can also be pretty fun.

I really want to like Akash'Thriya, because that kind of Environment manipulation is something we don't see with other characters (other than sort of with the Naturalist, I guess). Any tips on good synergies?

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
Luminary is definitely the highlight of the reformed villains for me, too, though I've found that Lifeline can also be pretty fun.

I really want to like Akash'Thriya, because that kind of Environment manipulation is something we don't see with other characters (other than sort of with the Naturalist, I guess). Any tips on good synergies?
Argent Adept - extra card plays and extra power uses are absolute mana for Akash'Thriya. I played against Grand Warlord Voss on Dok-Thorath, and by the end, about two-fifths of the environment deck were friendly primordial seeds.

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, I finished my second run at Oblivaeon this morning before work. And by finished I mean he finished me.

Did a lot better than last time - killed ten scions, got Oblivaeon down to 60 HP in his final form (with Voss hanging back at around 60 HP too, mind you,) but his countdown hit 0 and he obliterated the last environment he needed to in order to win.

Does anyone know the exact mechanics of Inevitable Destruction tokens? I flipped through the physical rulebook, and I'm unclear. I think Oblivaeon gains them by:
  • Killing Hero Character cards
  • Killing that one type of Aeon Man
  • Playing a card that gives him new tokens
But sometimes it feels like he just stacks a bunch up for no reason I can tell, and I am wondering if I'm missing something.

Top Bottom