Serenity Roleplaying Game?

CosmicCowboy

Wanted: Dead or Alive
Validated User
A friend of mine just loaned me the set, and boy, do I like this show. I have no idea how I missed it when it was on the air. Fox must not have promoted, ran it in a goofy time slot, or something.

I would have liked to see WEG get the license, as Firefly really seems what I would have imagined parts of the Star Wars galaxy to be like, if you took away the Jedi. Oh well, I'll still look forward to the game.

As a slight thread hijack, I'm only about 5 episodes in. Without giving away spoilers, do we ever find out why Shepherd Book is treated so readily by the Alliance once they view his ID card? No details, just a yes or no will suffice.
 

cappadocius

New member
Banned
CosmicCowboy said:
Fox must not have promoted, ran it in a goofy time slot, or something.
Yes to all three.

CosmicCowboy said:
Without giving away spoilers, do we ever find out why Shepherd Book is treated so readily by the Alliance once they view his ID card? No details, just a yes or no will suffice.
No.
 

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
vrykyl said:
I have no idea who you met. Margaret Weis' son was David Baldwin (co-author of Dark Heart and Testament of the Dragon), who I'm sorry to say passed away two years ago. The people working on the Serenity RPG are listed in my previous post.

Jamie Chambers
Margaret Weis Productions, Ltd.
Well, I'm sorry for Margaret's loss. I also wish you the best of luck with the game.
 

Gentleman Highwayman

Registered User
Validated User
Nightmare property. I can understand why George passed on it. What we have is a non-d20 RPG based on the movie, which none of the fans have seen. Most of the fans want a Firefly game, which apparently is not such a good deal. The worst or best case scenario would be both a Firefly and Serenity game that were not compatible. It will be interesting what Serenity actually covers so as to see what the game actually has to work with.

Iain.
 

Ron

Registered User
Validated User
At least they will not push another unimaginative d20 game. All power to you guys!
 

Jim Hague

Foreign Agent
Validated User
Ron said:
At least they will not push another unimaginative d20 game. All power to you guys!
I find this statement the height of irony, considering your avatar.

Me, I'm setting cash aside for this now. I'm reeeealy hoping it's better than Sovreign Stone.
 

Daniel Coffin

Registered User
Validated User
well, call me crazy, but i'm going to say this is a good thing. now, to forget about the disappointments that were 'the babylon project,' the ramshackle 'star trek' licenses, and 'farscape' d20...

daniel
 

vrykyl

Registered User
Validated User
Gentleman Highwayman said:
Nightmare property. I can understand why George passed on it. What we have is a non-d20 RPG based on the movie, which none of the fans have seen. Most of the fans want a Firefly game, which apparently is not such a good deal. The worst or best case scenario would be both a Firefly and Serenity game that were not compatible. It will be interesting what Serenity actually covers so as to see what the game actually has to work with.
I wouldn't call it a "nightmare property," though it has presented some interesting challenges. Obviously, it would be very easy to incorporate characters and storylines from a certain television show -- though the game is based on the characters, storylines, and setting presented in the upcoming film. But there is a captain named Mal, a ship called Serenity, and a 'verse full of trouble.

Not to create a mutual admiration society, but we're big fans of the work George and Eden Studios has done on the Buffy and Angel lines. We think they have achieved excellence in both content and graphic design. That's the bar we've set for ourselves in the level of quality we're striving towards. We also have high praise for West End Games, who created some of the best licensed products in the history of the industry. So, we know what good is, and we hope to get there ourselves.

Thanks!

Jamie Chambers
Vice President
Margaret Weis Productions, Ltd.
games@margaretweis.com
 

Derek

Registered User
Validated User
vrykyl said:
That's the bar we've set for ourselves in the level of quality we're striving towards. We also have high praise for West End Games, who created some of the best licensed products in the history of the industry. So, we know what good is, and we hope to get there ourselves.

Thanks!

Jamie Chambers
Vice President
Margaret Weis Productions, Ltd.
games@margaretweis.com
Jamie:

Since you've confirmed the fact that MWP will be producing the game, can you confrim the release date? Can we safely assume it's being bumped to late summer/autumn to coincide with the movie's new release date?

Derek
 
Top Bottom