• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

🎨 Creative [Setting Riff] The Only Sci Fi Star Chart You'll Ever Need

Propagandor

Square-Cube Law Compliant
Validated User
Loads of great ideas for planets but most of their names are too long for the map

Last edited:

Propagandor

Square-Cube Law Compliant
Validated User
The Benevolent Collective of Ships AIs and the Space Nomads aren't on the map because you can encounter them anywhere.

So the big question of the setting is:
Are the Diverse Alliance of Nice Guys seperate from the other civilisations (Trek style) or are they an alliance of the other species (Mass Effect style)?

Last edited:

E.T.Smith

A Most Sincere Poseur
Validated User
The Eternal Empire of Grimdarkia: where anything without both spikes and skulls on it is punatively taxed, no social construct exits that isn't about waging battle, preparing gear for battle, or affixing skulls and spikes to said gear, tactical sophistication is at slightly above the level of a schoolyard dust-up, all architecture is built pre-cratered, and no native is capable of grasping the concept of a pleasant sunny day ("... y'mean its sorta like how I kind like the way my muzzle warms up after I've fired off a few clips?"). Also, one-third of verbal communication is composed of stark-sounding but meaningless slogans.

Galactic Suburbia: the core sector where everything is nice, progressive, peaceful, fullfilling, shiny and so crushingly dull your players will never want to go there ever.

Last edited:

Cult Classic

A cautionary tale
Validated User
I absolutely *love* this thread. When the map stabilizes, I'm going to save a copy.

Why? Because it will be the only Sci Fi star char I'll ever need.

You think I'm joking. I'm so not.

Lazarus

Esoom G Noj
Validated User
I absolutely *love* this thread. When the map stabilizes, I'm going to save a copy.

Why? Because it will be the only Sci Fi star char I'll ever need.

You think I'm joking. I'm so not.
I started thinking the sprawling star of the diverse alliance of nice guys is a little ... well, sprawling and stuff, but the blobby map actually helps it make sense in my mind.

I might steal it for Traveller. Or something.

Laz

Top Bottom