• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Sex in RPG Rules is Beater-Bait

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Poindexter at 2004-02-16 13:10:22
Converted from Phorums BB System

As much as I enjoyed the early Judge's Guild tables, I dont see any reason to include sexuality rules in games. It seems like those who are the most interested in it are either having social issues are titilation. Any GM can come up with a rating level appropriate to the group they are gaming for -- hopefully taking into account that players are usually there to play a game and not support some alternative political movement.

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Ross Winn at 2004-02-17 22:31:00

Well we must disagree. I just think that there should be some kind of balance between the systems for physical interaction, like combat; and social interactions, like sexual relationships. Not sex per se, but the underlying social interaction.

thanks for your input.

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Ron Edwards at 2004-02-19 09:07:03

Hello,

By "sexuality rules," what do you mean?

If I'm not mistaken, you're talking about resolving sexual events in play much as one resolves, say, a sword-fight. Rolling dice and comparing numbers to see who comes first, that sort of thing.

Have you considered instead the possibility of rules which set up conflict, rather than resolving it? Or rules which concern bonuses for different kinds of relationships being involved in a conflict?

Do those sorts of rules - regardless of whether you'd want to play a game which includes them - strike you as beater-bait?

Best,
Ron

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by matt at 2004-05-15 19:48:01

show me free sex games maybe rpg if there is any

chainsawboy

Retired User
No need for sex rules?! I have to disagree with that statement. I have lived all over and gamed with many, many different gamers from all over, and the only people I've ever met that would agree with you are the ones that are scared of their own shadow and think the word "sex" is profanity of the highest extreme.

Top Bottom