• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Shadespire] Casual/Newbie friendly discussion thread

David Laurence

Hrm.
Validated User
Thank you. If I understood correctly from the Warhammer Community article, the orruks get inspired when they take damage? What is the inspire condition of other warbands? I tried to search for the cards, but google is not very helpful if you enter "magore".
Right, the Orruks inspire when they take damage.

Magore's Fiends inspire when they hit someone.
Steelheart's Champions inspire when they successfully defend.
Garrek's Reavers inspire when any three models from any warband are dead.
The Sepulchral Guard inspire when they're returned from the dead or, for the leader, when two other skeletons come back.
The Fyreslayers inspire when they end an activation on an objective.
The Skaven inspire when they have a ploy played on them.
The Farstriders inspire when they end their movement in enemy territory.

And we know the nighthaunts inspire when they end their activation next to an enemy, and the Cursebreakers inspire when they successfully cast a spell.

Crumbs

Validated User
Picked up nightvault and the terrain. Magic is total meta shift.

Nice models all around for both warbands and the terrain is pretty would fit in even as standard AoS features.

Ace the hero

Waaaghboss in Training
Validated User
Those gobbos bring tears of joy to my eye. I've resisted getting into Shadespire/Nightvault, but I don't know if I can keep it up.

Crumbs

Validated User
Those gobbos bring tears of joy to my eye. I've resisted getting into Shadespire/Nightvault, but I don't know if I can keep it up.
If you do want to get into it the nightvault box is currently the best way. GW is reboxing the shadespire starter warbands and the generic cards you would want from the first release are reprints along with the boards.

I will say the undead are amazing models but super fiddly to put together.

chrespo

Voice Actor
Validated User
I got the Nightvault box! I haven't had time to assemble all of the models yet, since I have some outstanding painting projects. I hope to finish the models so I can play later this week. Got 5 of the Nighthaunts put together. The only problem I had with a back piece for the one with the plank nailed to its hand to use as a shield; there was a bit of gap there that I will need to fill with green stuff. I was careful to shave a bit of the pegs after that, to ensure the pieces fit a little easier after that. Since I was gluing them, I felt like this was a decent tradeoff. Also, I am holding off on gluing Varclav together just yet. I want to paint his baghead before its put behind that cage-helmet he's wearing.

Also, the preview of The Eyes of the Nine is up!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/10/02/2nd-oct-warband-focus-eyes-of-the-ninegw-homepage-post-4/

Really excited about these guys. I particularly like Vortemis the All-seeing and K’Charik.

Vanger

Knuddelmonster
Validated User
I bought the Nightvault box yesterday, assembled the models and played a game with my girlfriend. It's kinda easy and complex at the same time. I still need to understand all the activation thingies and stuff.

But so far I like it. And my gf likes it too :)

Vanger

Knuddelmonster
Validated User
So, we managed to play another game yesterday, this time both of us read through the rules and played it correctly :D

I manged to win, with the the Stormcast dudes, but I think it was more for my "lucky" objective card draw and I managed to get ahead in Glory Points at the beginning. Also I was hunting the chainwrasps for easy Glory Points.

I like the game and I think it got a firm grasp on me (AND my girlfriend :D) and even with only 2 games with one warband, I'm very interested how the others work and feel.

Geoffrey21

Don't say, just cool.
Validated User
Zarbag's Gitz are doing two things for me. The first is making me remember how much I love the GW goblin aesthetic (and especially Night Goblins). The second is making me kinda want to try Warhammer Underworlds.

Top Bottom