[Shadespire] Casual/Newbie friendly discussion thread

Ardith_bale

Insert Wit Here
Validated User
Picked up the Nightvault starter box and a had a few games, really enjoying it so far even though I have only won twice. the Speed of the the ghosts is fantastic. and the default deck for them seems to have better synergy then Stormsires default deck.

Still to crack open the extra cards and play around with deck building but i can defiantly see us getting more into the game and more stuff. :D

David Laurence

Hrm.
Validated User
I played the "kill the Chaos gargant" scenario from White Dwarf at the shop last week, and it was (almost surprisingly) good fun, especially with 4 players.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I finally took the plunge, convincing myself it was a better idea than a Tyranid Kill Team for about the same price.

Started with Molog, which apparently wasn't a bad choice. I managed to table my opponent in my first couple of games, despite being *comprehensively* outplayed thanks to the raw power of the big mushroom troll. I expect it's a brittle deck, and it's not trivial to juggle an action economy so heavily dependent on a single figure, but he hits like a truck wrapped in other, larger trucks.

I always knew this was an excellent game, looking forward to finally giving it the time it deserves; it's even easier to sneak in a quick game than Kill Team, and hopefully the minis will have their uses in WarCry when that's a thing.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Beginner's luck continuing, two wins against a strictly superior opponent :) Molog is an absolute beast, I expect if he dies it'll be a miserable time, but it seems like 7 health is quite a wall for decks that haven't built to spike like that.

I also played with the Gitz, lots of fun, didn't really know what I was doing, but my opponent was defeated by his own dice (and when he was being kind enough to help me learn the game, dice have no sense of justice).

I expect next week my dice karma will come home and I'll have to soak up a bunch of losses :)

Morsla

I mostly paint things
Validated User
I was given a few Shadespire/Underworlds things for Christmas, and they still haven't seen play yet - Nightvault and Zarbag's Gitz. Really looking forward to trying out the goblins... it's on my list of things to paint and play more of, once I finish painting the mountain of Orks on my desk.

David Laurence

Hrm.
Validated User
I played the "kill the gargant" team game from White Dwarf a couple times up at the shop over the past month or so. It's (surprisingly, frankly) a pretty fun scenario, and a nice little change of pace from the standard game. Definitely worth chasing up the rules if you haven't tried - although it might not be as fun with only two players, as backstabbing and kingmaking is the real meat of it.

Crumbs

Validated User
Molog is weird. I want to make better use of his minions but at the same time it is almost always easier to just jam him in your opponents face. Upside is he seems to not care as much about what is in his deck.

Top Bottom