• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Shadespire] Casual/Newbie friendly discussion thread

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Question: can you play Shadespire with ONLY your warband's cards rather than the those cards plus the "for every warband" cards? I think I've identified the increasing card library as a point of apathy for me and the game.

Morsla

I mostly paint things
Validated User
Absolutely. I still use mostly cards from each warband’s own deck as I like the thematic ones, swapping out for others where I want to try something else (more shadeglass weapons, etc).

Crumbs

Validated User
The cards are just options to add variety. The prebuilt decks that come in the warband boxes are decent enough so if everyone is using them it will be pretty balanced.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
So, if I got another warband or two and houseruled ONLY the defeult decks, then things ought be peachy?

Morsla

I mostly paint things
Validated User
Worth mentioning that the "hold objective X" cards are generic ones in the main boxed set (Underworlds or Nightvault), and so making it "main box + faction deck" would be a better option than houseruling it to only the faction decks.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Took 2nd in a store tournament with Molog. I had a number of blowout wins but the Stormcast played by a couple of serious Underworlds veterans were ready for me, things did not fo well against them at all :)

The winner was playing Cursebreakers and went undefeated, very strong team with answers for everything and a very skilled player.

Molog is great but he needs to get the engine going early to avoid being killed and crippling the team - sometimes you won't have the luck to make it happen and some players will make your opportunity very narrow indeed :)

Great fun, crowd at the Melbourne GW cool people as always, glad I got into Underworlds!

(And the paint job for my mob from Morsla Morsla is superb)

Edit: only fair to add my placing only came about due to beating the other Molog player, which may as well have been a coin toss. I had some bad luck elsewhere but winning the mirror match was more good luck than I deserved.

Last edited:

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
What does your deck look like? I am struggling with coming up with a working one.
Lots of "score immediately", lots of upgrades and ploys to give Molog more dice or reroll them, Tome of Offerings, Vampiric weapon and a couple of health upgrades, some push cards etc.

I don't really bother with the little guys. So it's a brittle deck, if the train gets rolling there's no stopping it but the wheels can come off if your opponent rolls an early crit on defence or whatever.

Edit: oh and Ready for Action and My Turn of course. Basically you're trying to abuse the action economy to get as much out of your one overpowered model as possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom