• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Shadespire] Casual/Newbie friendly discussion thread

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Re: [Sell me on] Shadespire!

So there's a bit of variety then? That's good. Is it possible/likely to get "screwed" by objectives? To pull ones that are just not good for you/your faction? Or are they pretty generic and achievable overall?

How are the two add-ons? Orks (they look more sci-fi?) and the skeletons? Reasonably priced?

bv728

Was he a violent man?
Validated User

So there's a bit of variety then? That's good. Is it possible/likely to get "screwed" by objectives? To pull ones that are just not good for you/your faction? Or are they pretty generic and achievable overall?
You build your objective deck, so it's actually pretty hard to be completely screwed by obejctives - you choose the ones that suit your playstyle. You can also discard them and draw more if you get some you don't expect to meet in a timely fashion.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User

Oh, and I take it the only way to get more maps is to buy another core set? So, to do 3-4 players requires two core sets, not just buying extra war bands?

Crumbs

Validated User

Correct for now. Heard there are plans to release map/boards as upgrades.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User

So, I take it if you get two core sets then you can do teams? What options open up then? I'm assuming it would behoove me to paint them all differently in that case.

David Laurence

Hrm.
Validated User

How are the two add-ons? Orks (they look more sci-fi?) and the skeletons? Reasonably priced?
The warband boxes are $30 MSRP, and include lots of extra cards - a really good value.

The default play for 3- or 4-sided battles is a free-for-all - each warband gets a "home base" board section, and you link them all together and just go to town. Some aspects of play change -
turn order is rolled off randomly each turn, you put down more objective tokens, and some of the objective cards' victory conditions change (if and how they do is printed on the card), but in my so-far limited experience 3-way and 4-way games are plenty fun.

There's at least one manufacturer making MDF boards, although depending on where you live you might be getting more bang for your buck just getting another core set.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User

I'm thinking I'll get this then. Seems like it'll be fun and easier to pickup/teach than Warmachine, plus easier on the wallet overall.

Now, if I can just get my inquiries on Aristeia answered! Everything I've seen *looks* promising, though. I know nothing of the company putting it out.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User

Are there any more good guy factions on pipe? As is it seems to be one group of good guys, the one group of bad guys, then everyone else is worse.

Was reading the fluff on the factions and was like... yeaaaah... not quite digging it.

Or am I wanting something in vain since its Warhammer? 40K seems pretty bleak, so...

Asmodai

Warrior Kobold
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Are there any more good guy factions on pipe? As is it seems to be one group of good guys, the one group of bad guys, then everyone else is worse.

Was reading the fluff on the factions and was like... yeaaaah... not quite digging it.

Or am I wanting something in vain since its Warhammer? 40K seems pretty bleak, so...
I don't know if they're on pipe, but Kharadon Overlords (aerial dwarfs) and Sylvaneth (treekin) are both setting-specific good-guy factions I'd expect to see covered eventually. Possibly Lizardmen too.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User

I don't know if they're on pipe, but Kharadon Overlords (aerial dwarfs) and Sylvaneth (treekin) are both setting-specific good-guy factions I'd expect to see covered eventually. Possibly Lizardmen too.
I'll wait for them, then. I had forgotten the joke about the primary colors of Warhammer were blood, mud and shit :p

Top Bottom