IC Shadow of the Demon Lord: Outpost

Tancred

All over the shop
Validated User
Doctor Sterren Lark

"There are stairs descending there," Lark replies, pointing them out. "In the other passage lies the giant demon caterpillars, so I thought this the better chamber to start in. Perhaps our friends would be interested in investigating. This has the appearance of a ritual cleansing chamber. I would avoid the water."
Ruff sniffs around and speculatively dips a finger in the pool and examines the greenish gunk resulting. He sticks it into his mouth and flashes a toothy smile. "Aged to perfection!"

He looks around at the carvings, giving them a kick or a prod here and there. "Old stuff, this. Not a god, devil or demon I'm familiar with though. Men of Gog you mentioned earlier Larky?" he asks, winking. "Could be, could be..."

Bela cowers in the corner quaking. "This place was sealed for a reason. It is the resting place of my master and his ancestral family - we should not be here!"

Drewsie

Validated User
Stenchridden has been pacing the room with a magnifying glass, brushing away ancient dust from the carvings, looking for any similarity to the stones he saw in the swamp - or the thing he perceived in the darkness.

Spoiler: Show
Yes 12, I am assuming a boon from scholar of arcane theory. Second boon would be magnifying glass if that counted, but that would be a fail.

Atlictoatl

Looking for Operations/Culture employment
Validated User
Bela cowers in the corner quaking. "This place was sealed for a reason. It is the resting place of my master and his ancestral family - we should not be here!"
Doctor Sterren Lark

Lark shrugs at Ruff's mention of the men of Gog. "Who unsealed it, and when?" he asks the cowering Bela.

Tancred

All over the shop
Validated User
Stenchridden has been pacing the room with a magnifying glass, brushing away ancient dust from the carvings, looking for any similarity to the stones he saw in the swamp - or the thing he perceived in the darkness.
While the study in the mansion and the swamp stones appear to be linked, the carvings here are not directly - the Men of Gog connect the architectural style, but there is another purpose to the stones in the swamp. This place appears to be a reproduction of figures from the reign of the Gog created by an enthusiast, with no inherent occult or magical power in the symbols and carvings.

Atlictoatl said:
Lark shrugs at Ruff's mention of the men of Gog. "Who unsealed it, and when?" he asks the cowering Bela
"I do not know who, or what, but the seal was broken soon after my master passed," Bela answers, eyes darting around in the gloom. "That would be not long ago, perhaps 30 years ago. Simone and I left it well alone, it is not safe out here. Besides, the grounds were always Jurgen's responsibility."

Tancred

All over the shop
Validated User
"You mean your master is buried here? And who's Jurgen?" Connor asks.
"Why yes," Bela answers, blinking up at Connor. "Aren't you here to rob and ransack his grave? And Jurgen is the groundskeeper. Or was, we've not seen him for a while noew..."

Tancred

All over the shop
Validated User
"Is there something worth ransacking?" Doctor Lark asks, his interest momentarily piqued.
"He was a great man! His knowledge, his secrets are priceless! Of course it's worth ransacking!" Bela stares off into the darkness for a moment. "Please don't, however."

Drewsie

Validated User
Stenchridden has wandered over, intrigued.

"You said your Master and his ancestral family." He gestures round the carvings and statues. "How far back does this family go? Were they of Gog? Or did they adopt the trappings of their religion later? And which way are the burial chambers?"

Tancred

All over the shop
Validated User
Stenchridden has wandered over, intrigued.

"You said your Master and his ancestral family." He gestures round the carvings and statues. "How far back does this family go? Were they of Gog? Or did they adopt the trappings of their religion later? And which way are the burial chambers?"
"Oh, Professor Von Hurst was rather taken by the architecture, and the mythology. He built all this and had his ancestors reinterred here, I don't believe there's an ancestral connection. You should ask Magister Brokebridge, he is a keen student of the Professor, always poking about his study. The master and his family are all deeper, down that way," he says, pointing to the steps descending into the black.

Top Bottom