OOC Shadow of the Demon Lord: The Apple of Her Eye

Fred

Surely you jest, Mr Fred
RPGnet Member
Validated User
No, it's ok. I should have checked the wiki. Thanks.

Tchau!

Atlictoatl

Looking for Operations/Culture employment
Validated User
Just clarifying that you want a second Agility check, Tancred. Was the first one only sufficient for getting off of the camping spot undetected?

Tancred

All over the shop
Validated User
Just clarifying that you want a second Agility check, Tancred. Was the first one only sufficient for getting off of the camping spot undetected?
Missed that somehow! No you don’t need another roll, I’ll update the post tonight

Fred

Surely you jest, Mr Fred
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yes, they are semi-mythical amongst the fey community. They are known to spring forth when an immortal faerie is killed to gain vengeance. They are known as brutal, full of hatred and fear-inducing. The description given by Sterren doesn't quite match the illustration of beings comprised soley of grief and fury, but the reality of things is often that way.

Fearsome hunters and fighters, implacable enemies and unlikely to ever give up voluntarily
Wait, so they are supernatural creatures that are summoned when an immortal fey dies? I had the impression they were like an elite corps of fey agents.

Can they be defeated permanently? I mean, if we kill this Morrigan, will another one spring up/be recruited?

I ask because Connor's natural instinct is not to accept the deal, but if this is a hook for the next adventure, I don't want to derail the game and will find a rationale for Connor to accept it.

Tchau!

Tancred

All over the shop
Validated User
Wait, so they are supernatural creatures that are summoned when an immortal fey dies? I had the impression they were like an elite corps of fey agents.

Can they be defeated permanently? I mean, if we kill this Morrigan, will another one spring up/be recruited?

I ask because Connor's natural instinct is not to accept the deal, but if this is a hook for the next adventure, I don't want to derail the game and will find a rationale for Connor to accept it.

Tchau!
Connor's knowledge of the Morrigan is mostly hearsay and lore - he's never met some before. Could be one, could be the other, could be a little of both.

They're not thought to regenerate though; it's more they'll be replaced by another one.

As for plot hook, it is one, but I created it only in response to Sterren's persuasion - I'm not attached to it in any way, just one of those spontaneous opportunities!

Take whichever path you wish! ;)

Atlictoatl

Looking for Operations/Culture employment
Validated User
So you get a rest and spells refresh and Connor's last 2 points of damage are gone. What's the plan next?
Can we have a birthday party for Ruff?

Short of that, I suppose we have to go into that vile hellhole...

Fred

Surely you jest, Mr Fred
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, we check everything, make sure we have our resources ready, and go in. Does Snorri fit in the tunnel?

Tchau!

Top Bottom