• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [Shadowrun 5th Edition] Neon and Glass

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Turning to Lodestar he smiles once more. "A hard bargain, madam, and not one I am willing to accept. Such a SIN is worth more than even I am offering per person." He shakes his head slowly. "No, I'm afraid I must decline. However," he holds up a finger, his range of motion no longer affected by that hand being on the arm that was severed only a few minutes ago, "I can arrange introductions between members of the team and an accomplished forger, and arrange to...defray the costs somewhat." He flips the hand palm up. "If you feel the risk is too much, you can turn down the job. You are hardly the only team in the 'plex."

De Vries' eyebrows raise as the apparently mad leprechaun bomber asks his question, then grins. "Of course. I don't get to exercise my subtler skills as much as I once did, and I confess to a certain curiosity. When I last faced this situation twenty years ago, Wake and I broke even. H destroyed his data, but his magic was too much for me to overcome." His smile becomes a predatory grin, showing fangs. "I welcome any chance to pit my magic against this organization again. Yes, I will aid in any way I can."
Lodestar leans back. "Well, if you're putting your own skin in the game, that's... reassuring," she ventures. And yet it was worrisome at the same time, if he felt it would be necessary.

She makes herself lean back and relax against Odette a little. There wasn't much to do until they were done talking.

Her arm's not shaking. Much.

PixieDust

Possible successor to Betancore's coat.
Validated User
MadCat noded as DeVries responds to his question and then as Lodestar speaks. He tapped his finger on the back of the opposite hand, for a moment as he sat forward once again, his mind going over the fresh information and finally making a decision.

"Right," he said, shifting forward even more so that he was on the edge of the couch, elbows resting on his knees, "think that about covers it, then. So, unless anyone else 'as any other questions an' the like, I say we start gettin' ta gettin'. We could probably get it 'ere easily enough, especially since the lass agreed ta--" He stopped short, cybered eyes scanning the room and only just now coming to the realization that they were missing someone. "Speakin' of, where is our wee, sharp-toothed hostess? Figured she'd be 'ere by now..."

Markov

The Fabulous King
Validated User
"So...we know more than we did, but still less than we need. Anybody have thoughts as far as a plan? At least we know it wasn't a setup. At least, probably not. And that means somebody somewhere thought we were capable enough to actually get the job done. But where do we start?" There's a pause, as Rabbit realizes he probably sounds more negative about the run than he intends. "...not that I'm not extremely hyped about this. But if we're geeked before we even hit the good part, that'd be kind of a waste."

At MadCat's question, he inclines his head to indicate the floor above. "Upstairs. Everything's fine, as far as I know. She thought we needed a chance to kind of....sort our drek, more or less." There's a note of embarrassment there, and he's quick to keep moving. "She's good. Probably listening, but giving us space to do our thing."

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
Annabelle glances at the irishman, cocking her head to one side. "Well, first item on my list is some damn sleep. After that? I'unno, maybe go get frisked by a K-E goon just so I can remember what normal feels like?" She jerks a thumb at the doctor. "Him too, probably -sleepin', not...Unless he's into men in uniform I guess.."

She drums fingers on her thigh for a long moment. "But yeah, after that? Actual, physical legwork seems the only way to get eyes into this place."

Her eyes flit to Martin, "May we have our teammate back now? She also has things to do, I'm sure."

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Her eyes flit to Martin, "May we have our teammate back now? She also has things to do, I'm sure."
Lodestar twitches a little at that question, and glances over to Odette. Just a few minutes ago she'd been looking forward to blowing off some steam with her - to put it highly euphemistically - before going out to poke at her contacts. Now... now more has happened, and she's not sure what to say, or offer. Especially not in front of everyone. Well. There was one thing she could say, which she sends privately, +I'm here for whatever you need me for.+ Hopefully that would be something...

CherrySmiles

Malicious Sprite
Validated User
De Vries looked at Annabelle curiously. "She has been out from under my control for some time, madam." He replies, sounding slightly confused. He tilts his head, a predatory motion oddly similar to Odette's. "It appears the young lady is frozen by something other than my spellcraft and admittedly-lacking oration."

De Vries looks around at the assembled team. "I think your teammate is right," he says, inclining his head toward Annabelle briefly, "and that sleep would serve you all better than any amount of planning might at this point. I, of course, keep a different schedule, but I can use the free time to confer with our hostess and perhaps do a little magical scouting before sunrise." He smiles thinly. "I have what you might call a vested interest in this whole affair. After all," he spreads his hands beatifically, "if there is a new strain of HMHVV, I'll have to re-learn my whole act."

He looks at the empty space where Princess had been meant to sit, finding strange that no one had seen her leave. "Someone should probably go and check on Ms. Oshida, now that I think of it." He looks at Odette again, then at Lodestar and Annabelle in turn. "Do either of you have anything you need to discuss with me before we retire to our separate pursuits?"

HardKore Keltoid

RAW Cultist
Validated User
Annabelle's on her feet as if a rabid devil rat just bit her on the ass. "Rabbit? With me," Without even glancing back to see if he's following, she starts upstairs - not a single thing has gone as planned since she woke up this morning, so there's probably a mantis spirit having tea with their patroness.

It's not paranoia if everybody really is out to get you, and as far as Smokewagon's concerned? That's demonstrably true right now.

Markov

The Fabulous King
Validated User
Rabbit hadn't given the empty seat much thought at first; sure it would've been nice to have her here, but she'd said it herself. This was runner business. The way De Vries and Belle seemed more focused on Princess' absence was enough to prod a little creeping doubt into the technomancer, and he was at the ork's heels just as she'd anticipated. "On it."

Meriss

Chaos Incarnate
Validated User
Doc Wilson

George grunts. "Well, good luck with that. I'm still on hour 2 of my Long Haul. So if anyone wants anything done tell me. Cause I ain't sleeping for four days now. The crash'll be epic though."

CherrySmiles

Malicious Sprite
Validated User
Annabelle and Rabbit take their leave quickly, moving toward the stairs at a pace just this side of frantic. Given directions earlier, it isn't difficult to figure out which stairs and hallways to take, and their egress and subsequent flight to Princess' room are quick and easy. They pass more refined opulence, sculptures and oil paintings and Japanese woodcuts and even a pair of woven, authentic Persian rugs hanging to either side of the stairway leading to the third floor, where Princess has made her lair.

There's no indication that something is wrong, but the house feels peculiarly empty as the two make their way to where Princess is supposed to be. There are no maids, no servants no guards. Other than seeing the woman in the red Fedora ghost by at one point, the two of them don't see a single living soul. Rabbit, of course, can feel the electronic connections all around him, speakers and cameras and other, more esoteric sensors all cunningly hidden inside the baroque decoration to keep a watchful eye on the inside of Princess' castle.

Rabbit notices first, and no wonder with his innate ability to sense information flows, but Annabelle isn't far behind, spotting the dark camera lenses as they fail to track the moving pair. For Rabbit, it is much more profound, a feeling of absence, the lack of a connection to the security systems. With so many new people in her house, it would be utterly foolish for Princess not to be monitoring, and earlier, either she or a security spider was in the system, tracking their every move and word.

Now, the system is empty, dormant. The cameras do not follow, and no one is watching their feeds or listening to the dozens of microphones. The castle is undefended.

Ahead of them lays Princess' door. It hangs open, and there are no guards or security measures defending it. In the room, on the far end of the cavernous-seeming bedroom, they can see Princess. Her eyes are open, staring at nothing, and from here it appears that they are either dead white or rolled so far back in her skull as to hide her irises completely. She lolls in a comfortable-looking black ergonomic chair, the kind that a successful sarariman might have in his office, and her arms hang limply off the sides.

Top Bottom