• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
So Sixth Edition has been announced and it is supposed to be out sometimes in August around GenCon.

So what do we know about it? Is it going to be more simplified or will it be another overly complex set of systems that only kind of seem to relate to each other? What do people want to see with it?

PST

Validated User
They've apparently announced it on a youtube stream, and didn't then also have any social media or formal stuff to go with it, which is...well, I guess that's one way to handle your PR. I assume they'll post stuff in the next x days but probably not the best way to deal with it, other than as a way to drive people to watch a youtube video to find out about it.

HidaO-Win

Hida Without Fear
Validated User
Yeah apparently CGL haven’t managed to put together an announcement yet, but the announcement is expected within the next year or two.

Starter set in June.
Full 6th ed book in August.

This YouTube channel has sat down with the beginner box and will also be streaming a full 6th ed game.

AJ the Ronin

I am Loki
Validated User
August and June? I wish. I mean it, I wish. But they can't handle a descent announcement in time.

vini_lessa

Validated User
Nah I'll pass. Was a big fan of early editions but nowadays I dont have time nor patience for the crunch. I'd rather play the Blades in the Dark or The Sprawl adaptation instead.

AJ the Ronin

I am Loki
Validated User
Yeah apparently CGL haven’t managed to put together an announcement yet, but the announcement is expected within the next year or two.

Starter set in June.
Full 6th ed book in August.

This YouTube channel has sat down with the beginner box and will also be streaming a full 6th ed game.

This video was actually pretty good.

I'm hyped, aggravated, hopeful and skeptical. But then again, it is Shadowrun. :)

White-Corax

Validated User
I am cautiously excited about it, to be honest. Right now I'll be in favor of any publisher who doesn't seem to tell me between the lines that I am a bad person for feeling they handled something not as they should have handled it.
But then - there are a lot of pitfalls. I hope they learned from that.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
My dice tray isn't nearly big enough to roll all those d6s, and with such superior options like Blades in the Dark hacks around I'll pass on Shadowrun. It was good enough, back in the day, but there's better competition out there now.

Matt.Ceb

40 Years of Unknown Pleasures
Validated User
I, on the other hand am excited for a new Shadowrun (this time with proper editing, even? ;) ) as neither BitD nor any PbtA game (•shudders at the thought•) do anything positive for me.

And I'm glad that this weird "I don't like crunch with age" virus is passing me safely by. Good crunch remains as amazing and inspiring to me now as it was in 1994.

Top Bottom