• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

Albertorius

Validated User
Well, I guess I can safely skip the box and maybe get the book after extensive reviews and/or errata fixes, then.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
Is it a fair assumption to expect there to be a release with the fixes applied ?
SR5 imfamuosly went to second printing unchanged even after first printing errors and problems were posted. It's why it's the first version of the game I didn't buy at release. And mind you, I was the first guy in my town to buy SR1 when it came out.
I have spent thousands of dollars over the years supporting SR.I got the SR20A limited ed slipcase ed.
The complete lack of customer care for a quality product kept me from buying 5th ed for over a year.
And now it looks like the "money over quality" standard is still intact.
I want to be suprised and see 6th come out of the gate running solid. But this is not what I wanted to see from the start of the new edition launch.

Matt.Ceb

40 Years of Unknown Pleasures
Validated User
And I bet that all we'll get from CGL will be a) stonewalling and b) downplaying of the issues.

I now also have to wonder about all those people who had early access to the beginner kit who somehow all managed to miss all those issues. Sound less like proper previews and more like paid promotions.

(That might explain why nobody who regularly reviewed SR products and wasn't just gushing over them got their hands on this early.)

Matt.Ceb

40 Years of Unknown Pleasures
Validated User
What I don't understand is why the Battletech team is doing great things and finding a great stride for the current release of BT, while their SR counterparts seem to be stuck in the old, broken ways that plagued SR5 over its lifespan.

Maybe it's time to shake up the management/project management staff for Shadowrun and let somebody new try their hand at this.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
I just grabbed the download of the QS and am paging through it briefly before going to work.
Whatever else? The full page pic on p.20 of the QS rules? That's Shadowrun, baby! I'm thinking of making it into a poster.

kalil

Validated User
What I don't understand is why the Battletech team is doing great things and finding a great stride for the current release of BT, while their SR counterparts seem to be stuck in the old, broken ways that plagued SR5 over its lifespan.

Maybe it's time to shake up the management/project management staff for Shadowrun and let somebody new try their hand at this.
As I understand it 5e was profitable? And any hint that 6e is "like D&D 5e with advantage/disadvantage!" will probably double sales.

I am convinced 6e will do well. I am not so sure I will enjoy it. I still might, but it's not off to a good start with me.

Stormfalcon

Just slumming
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I got the box digitally to check it out while my physical preorder is making it's way. I haven't quite finished the QSR but I have my quibbles already, such as some formatting choices. As far as the main rules go, I'll probably just get PDF at first and hold off on a physical version for a good while, just like I did with 5e and waiting until the Master Index version came out before getting a physical version.

Top Bottom