• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Sheffield UK] Furnace RPG Convention 28th/29th October

First Age

Lost in the Wilderland
Validated User
Furnace is a tabletop roleplaying game convention in Sheffield UK, taking place on the weekend of 28/29th October 2006 at The Garrison Hotel.

There will be space for 50 delegates and you are most welcome to join us for a convivial weekend of roleplay gaming amongst the seven hills of Sheffield. Set in a former army gaol house, 4 of the gaming tables are set in the cells of miscreants and scallywags. Where better to game! :)

Information will become available over the coming weeks on our website as we gear up for a fun weekend of roleplaying games. Please also use the forum at the Tavern to chat about the convention; the games you want to bring and play and anything else that strikes you. The Tavern’s First Age (me), Newt, Darran and Guvnor are bringing this new event to you and we are happy to help with any of your questions.

Visit our website at www.rpgfurnace.com and I look forward to meeting you at Furnace 2006!

Cheers

Graham
Chairman - Furnace 2006

Last edited:

Neil

At the tone leave your name and message, ...
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hmm. I work just down the street.

Anyone going to stick their nose in at The Triples convention in the first weekend in April? I'll be in the bar most of the day. Well, both days.

First Age

Lost in the Wilderland
Validated User
Neil said:
Hmm. I work just down the street.

Anyone going to stick their nose in at The Triples convention in the first weekend in April? I'll be in the bar most of the day. Well, both days.
I'll be there one or both days as I'm selling my son's GW 40K at the Bring and Buy. :)

Neil

RPGnet Member
Validated User
First Age said:
I'll be there one or both days as I'm selling my son's GW 40K at the Bring and Buy. :)
Cool.

Catalogue what you are selling though as it can be chaos in there and they might not be too fussy about stuff going missing.

I'm easy to spot. I have no hair on my head, wear glasses and will answer to the same name as I do here.

Old Scratch

Validated User
Ahhh... Sheffield. Miss the place. Had some good gaming there.

Is the Sheffield Uni (Not Only...) Dungeons and Dragons Society still running?

And that comic book store "Sheffield Space Centre" still up and running?

Anyhow, good luck with the con!

Neil

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Old Scratch said:
Ahhh... Sheffield. Miss the place. Had some good gaming there.

Is the Sheffield Uni (Not Only...) Dungeons and Dragons Society still running?

And that comic book store "Sheffield Space Centre" still up and running?

Anyhow, good luck with the con!
Dunno about the D&D guys, but the Sheffield Space Centre is still there. I know the people who work there and have gamed with some of them before. Paint Ball'd with the owner too. Nice guys.

Old Scratch

Validated User
Neil said:
Dunno about the D&D guys, but the Sheffield Space Centre is still there. I know the people who work there and have gamed with some of them before. Paint Ball'd with the owner too. Nice guys.
Cool! About ten years ago I bought a Nausicaa poster there, but it ended up getting trashed in the move. I contacted them recently to see if they had any more, but they didn't. It was a neat little place with a few surprises...

Say, they don't have any Nausicaa stuff there, right now, do they?

Neil

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Old Scratch said:
Say, they don't have any Nausicaa stuff there, right now, do they?
I wouldn't know, but you never know your luck. It has been a while since I looked in. You could always ask again. Linky.

It was there I bought my Nausicaa volumes as it happens.

First Age, thinking about it, you might ask if you can advertise the con there.

LeoCrusher

Rude, Dismissive
Validated User
Ill probably be at Triples... 20 minutes lookin at figures I wont buy... 30 playin a participation game... 6 hours in the boozer...

Top Bottom