• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Shipman is back

devlin1

Human Paraquat
Validated User
If you haven't purchased a copy before now, you will find that Tunnels & Trolls Campaign Settings #2 has been expanded with 4 Campaign Settings. Campaign Setting #1: Adapting Discworld Characters With Tunnels & Trolls Character Generation, Campaign Setting #2: The Discworld Meets Tunnels & Trolls
Ripping off Terry Pratchett, too? Man, the balls on this guy.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
Ripping off Terry Pratchett, too? Man, the balls on this guy.
Who is the US liscensee for Diskworld? someone needs to send them both email and snail mail letters ASAP.

here's the thing-- it's been said that the IP holder of T&T can't afford to sue Shipman. That's likely true.

But the IP holder for the Discworld franchise?

SpaceKnight

Validated User
Pulling this kind of crap with the Discworld ip? To paraphrase Rincewind, its like standing on top of a hill in the middle of a thunderstorm, wearing soaking wet copper armor, while yelling out "All gods are bastards!"

TechnocratJT

Want be in Avengers 5
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Who is the US liscensee for Diskworld? someone needs to send them both email and snail mail letters ASAP.

here's the thing-- it's been said that the IP holder of T&T can't afford to sue Shipman. That's likely true.

You mean the 18th or so richest person in England? Yeah he might be able to do that. I would so love to represent Pterry in US. Because it would mean I get to meet him.:D

The thing is if your gonna rip someone off an insanely rich person is who is also loved by the geek community (and is a really stand up guy about people asking him if they can use Discworld for fan productions and such) is the wrong choice.

kafkonia

Critical Failure
Validated User
I linked to the publisher's site over on SJGames' board, because they were the last company I knew of to be involved with a Discworld RPG and I figured somebody there might (maybe) know who to talk to. If not, I'll see if I have any friends-of-friends in the fiction field who can pass the word along.

Canageek

Canadian Geek
Validated User

.....How much would this cost? I mean, is it low enough that someone could reasonably set up a collection, or release a special 'Raise money to sue Shipman' autographed product or such?

On the other hand, I think I'm going to spend my RPG money this month on DriveThroughRPG's Christchurch charity... So next month or such.

jeremywolf81

Validated User
Does he call it Outlaw Press as some sort of refuge in audacity? I mean does he see himself a dashing highwayman fighting the oppressive regimes of...uhh...hard-working creative people he's ripped off?

CLAVDIVS

Postmodern Futurist
Validated User
Dear sweet chocolate-coated Jesus, I hope this is the mistake that finally gets his sued into oblivion.

Even if he pulls down the Discworld stuff once he realizes his error, I hope Sir Pratchett is willing to continue the battle on Mr. St. Andre's behalf.

memorax300

Banned
I have to wonder if the man is insane. It's like he is purposefully putting a bullseye on his forehead and yelling SUE ME!

Top Bottom