• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

💯 {Staff Pick} [Sine Nomine] Godbound

NiallNai

This Space for Rent
Validated User
I asked Kevin Crawford the other day about Godbound, his OSR demigod game that is an expansion on his Exemplars & Eidolons rpg, and he directed me to his G+ page where the beta is available.

Wow! It looks awesome, even in beta. It is already at 133 pages (some are blank and waiting for text, areas are waiting for art) even so, it looks incredible. What he has done with OSR and adding powers is just amazing. It really is a combination of old school and new ideas. And the ideas at the back for the foes are also great.

I'm really stoked for the KS.

I hope he doesn't mind my placing the link for the beta here. I'm guessing not since it would have taken me all of 5 minutes to find it if I had taken a minute to google it.

https://plus.google.com/+KevinCrawford/posts/ew5eYZELgZH

TheMouse

garmonbozia
Validated User
Like I said about E&E when I read it: This is the only OSR project that remotely interests me.

John Marron

Exoticising the other
Validated User
Anything Sine Nomine publishes is an auto-buy for me at this point. :)
I am rapidly getting to that point. After seeing what Kevin did with his intro material for Tekumel, I'm super sold on his approach to RPGs.

John

smarttman

I do some stuff
Validated User
I don't know if you saw on what he is planning on adding, but the final purchased version is also going to include cybernetics, mechs, martial arts and Godbound groups (e.g like Dragonblooded, Sidereals, etc.)

It's OSR Exalted, and its brilliant. I'm for sure backing it

Nessalantha

Validated User
Like I said about E&E when I read it: This is the only OSR project that remotely interests me.
I don't care about OSR. I generally find the rules constricting and/or boring. Except when it comes from Sine Nomine. I don't like the whole Cthulhu Mythos thing even a little, but I snapped up the Bundle of Holding that contained Silent Legions, because it was Sine Nomine. It makes a good basis for an interesting game in a modern setting. (In fact, I'm considering ways to cross Silent Legions with Godbound, but I think I'll wait until the full version of Godbound is available.)

I don't know if you saw on what he is planning on adding, but the final purchased version is also going to include cybernetics, mechs, martial arts and Godbound groups (e.g like Dragonblooded, Sidereals, etc.)

It's OSR Exalted, and its brilliant. I'm for sure backing it
I've been sold on this since E&E was just a mock-up for how to write OSR supplements -- but if I hadn't been, the possible inclusion of skill-based/elemental-based/fate-based Godbound would have gotten me. I've already got some money to throw at Kevin Crawford for this one.

Terateuthis

Validated User
I've been using the beta rules to run a prototype Godbound (formerly Exemplars & Eidolons) campaign for months. Half finished as Godbound is, my players and I agree it's the most fun we've had playing a TTRPG. Will definitely be backing this to the hilt.

Also, given that Zelazny (Lord of Light, Creatures of Light and Darkness) and Kirby (Eternals, New Gods) are huge influences on what I'm doing, I'm especially excited about the news of weird-science tech, godwalkers, etc.

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
I will always throw my money at a Sine Nomine KS. The difference with Godbound? I may actually see about eventually getting a physical copy because the idea of it excites me so.

I'm almost kind of sad I am currently running an Exalted 3e campaign because it will probably be a while before I get back around to kingdom shattering demi-gods. This may be time to hybridize with Scarlet Heroes and just run myself a solo campaign perhaps. :D

At the very least I'm excited to see if I can pillage the book for toolbox elements to use in my Exalted campaign. The nice part about the Dreaming Sea region is that it is basically your standard gonzo D&D sword and sorcery setting, so any material that would fit my usual OSR games would slot in to it really well. So I'm expecting this thing to be a great resource for running a sandbox where the characters are demi-gods. Just like I'm using Silent Legions to generate Lovecraftian stuff in Xen Mu. :D

But seriously, I can't wait to start throwing money at this thing.

Top Bottom