• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

💯 {Staff Pick} [Sine Nomine] Godbound

Colette

Validated User
I cannot read your post too much in detail at the moment, but I believe there is at least one canonical example of "Li-empowered heroes" in Ten Buried Blades, no? Is that not a sign that Dulimbai makes at least some use of Li-magic?

Last edited:

Ramidel

Validated User
Storms of Yizhao, for an example of one case of Dulimbai using Li-magic, and an example of why they try not to use it when they have any choice, because they don't want their brains scooped out and replaced with perfected virtue.

bwridge

Validated User
If I wanted a very simple Deadly Beastman Transformation, I'd do this:

A) The Lunar picks what their Deadly Beastman looks like. They can turn into or out of Beastman form as a Main Action. It's a lesser gift to do it as a once-per-round On Turn.

B) They "lock" up to half their points worth of gifts. They can't use these in Beastman form, though they can still miracle them normally out of their Words if they have to.

C) For every point they lock, they can take a replacement point worth of gift to use in Beastman form. They can pick any gift that fits their Beastman-form idiom. Normally they'd be taking a bunch of beef- or murder-related gifts, but it's up to the GM to allow particular combos.

D) They can miracle things normally in Beastman form, use the same Effort pool, and so forth. If you want Beastman form in your campaign to have built-in advantages like an attack bonus, default unarmed attack, Fray die bonus, extra hit points, or some other such, just make those a mandatory buy costing X points of locked gifts.
I'm really glad I stumbled upon this. I was wondering exactly who to model DBT. I think the idea of swapping out gifts should work well. Just need to come up with an approved list of gifts from Words such as Might, Endurance, Alacrity, and Fear...

Colette

Validated User
🔴 Warning - Threadban
Is there any real point in taking both Snuff the Heart's Candle (Passion lesser) and Quench the Heart (Desire lesser)? It seems to me like the fine nuance between emotion and desire is fine enough that taking both would be overkill if used on the same subject.

For that matter, is there some sort of Banner of Passion (Passion lesser) equivalent for Desire that does the same thing, except under a desire theme rather than an emotion theme?

Mostlyjoe

is plotting your doom.
Validated User
I'm finding it weird that THIS thread keeps me up to date on Sine Nomine stuff since G+ imploded. Where are updates posted mostly now?

nikink

Rampant Green
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Here.

(Ok, Reddit gets a bit of attention, too. :) )

(And there's a Discord, but I dunno if Kevin visits it much?)

JetstreamGW

Seeker
Validated User
I'm finding it weird that THIS thread keeps me up to date on Sine Nomine stuff since G+ imploded. Where are updates posted mostly now?
I haven’t seen where Kevin is posting these days. He made a post on the MeWe a few months ago but that’s all I found.

Miss Atomic Bomb

Welcome to your life. There's no turning back.
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Is there any real point in taking both Snuff the Heart's Candle (Passion lesser) and Quench the Heart (Desire lesser)? It seems to me like the fine nuance between emotion and desire is fine enough that taking both would be overkill if used on the same subject.

For that matter, is there some sort of Banner of Passion (Passion lesser) equivalent for Desire that does the same thing, except under a desire theme rather than an emotion theme?

Moderator Text:

Colette, you were previously banned from this thread (https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/sine-nomine-godbound.773601/post-20382219) for harping on exactly the same power. You may appeal your threadban to the admins at admin.rpgnet@gmail.com, but for now it's still in effect.

Nepene

Validated User
In /r/godbound and the ebonsdragon discord we are all following kevin closely, and anything I see I'll put up on the reddit. The way we would normally get updates is through drivethrurpg. The website is pretty dead, and he hasn't posted on mewe much, and he posts here and on reddit on occasion as you have seen.

But yeah, easiest way is to sign up to the drivethrurpg mailing list if you want to know quickly, or look here or reddit or discord if you are fine waiting.

CardinalXimenes

Validated User
The safest way to find out about new releases is by ensuring Sine Nomine Publishing can send you email via DTRPG. I only ever send mail when something fresh comes out, so there shouldn't be any issues with spamming.

With the dissipation of G+ I haven't got any terribly well-known place to mention much in the way of non-SWN projects, but the SWN and Godbound reddits both have my attention for game tech support, and I'll mention pertinent new projects in them.

Top Bottom