• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

💯 {Staff Pick} [Sine Nomine] Godbound

CardinalXimenes

Validated User
Question regarding Shoulders as Wide as the World and Thews of the Gods: Thews allows you to carry more weight than Shoulders and still let you move around right? My interpretation is that Thews is an upgraded version of Shoulders with an appropriately increased cost. Is that correct?
Yes, that's the case. You should probably refund SaWatW if they later pick up Thews.

Zeea

Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Random dumb question about Word design.

Is the "six lesser gifts and three greater gifts" more of a thing that's about giving enough examples of what the Word can do, or more of a balance thing? Like, I've never quite been 100% sure if the listed gifts are supposed to be "these are examples, you could add a dozen more gifts along these lines and it'd be fine" or "these are the main thing the Word should do, you can add a few custom gifts but it should be fairly rare."

CardinalXimenes

Validated User
Random dumb question about Word design.

Is the "six lesser gifts and three greater gifts" more of a thing that's about giving enough examples of what the Word can do, or more of a balance thing? Like, I've never quite been 100% sure if the listed gifts are supposed to be "these are examples, you could add a dozen more gifts along these lines and it'd be fine" or "these are the main thing the Word should do, you can add a few custom gifts but it should be fairly rare."
Six lesser and three greater gifts are what I can fit on a single page, really. They describe the general outlines of the Word and point out the most likely things you can do with it, but you could add as many new gifts as you can think of reasonable Miracles for it.

Zeea

Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Six lesser and three greater gifts are what I can fit on a single page, really. They describe the general outlines of the Word and point out the most likely things you can do with it, but you could add as many new gifts as you can think of reasonable Miracles for it.
Awesome, thanks for the lightning fast reply.

The Sword Emperor

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Next Tuesday, I'll be running Godbound for the first time. It'll be a mini-series (like 2-4 sessions). Just trying to get a feel for the game to see if I like it. I'm planning to use the default setting, come up with a premise (like some break in a celestial engine), and then letting it be a player-driven experience.

Any advice for running GB? I've never played GB, but I did run Exalted 3e for a year, and same for D&D 5e.

Ramidel

Validated User
First, you need to do a lot of prep work, because it's much harder to have a pure MacGuffin. Okay, there's a broken celestial engine in a shard of Heaven that's accessible and survivable by first-level Godbound.

-What does it normally control, what's the damage doing to the area, and how much do local scholars or the Knowledge Godbound know about that?
-What happens if it's fixed? What happens if the Godbound decide to wreck the engine and steal the shards instead? (In Godbound, this is always an option.)
-Who wants the engine fixed? What are their agendas? Who doesn't want the engine fixed? Why?

Top Bottom