Sinfest: Surfing the four waves of feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayngfet

Retired User
I'm still confused at to what fourth wave is actually supposed to be. I've heard plenty of arguments as to what it could be in the future and what it's supposed to do at that point, but I don't see very many people who can reach a consensus of if it's here and what actually differentiates it.

Eric the .5b

Hail the Milleni-odel!
Validated User
Well, we know the ninth wave is the stage where we're arguing whether the protagonist is meant to be dead or not.

(Link for everyone going "WTF, Eric?")

Law Orc

Quasi-Possum
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't know if I've ever heard two people mean the same thing by "fourth-wave feminism."

That causes me to conclude that it isn't really a thing, at least not yet.

jayngfet

Retired User
I have no idea what the moral is but I don't think Tatsuya can even deal with consistent metaphors now.

Kremlin KOA

Sarcastic Cripple
Validated User
I have no idea what the moral is but I don't think Tatsuya can even deal with consistent metaphors now.
Moral is simple "Fighting back is of the devil."
This is not the first Sunday strip that used that moral.
I think we are more like 3.5 waves of feminism personally. :D
So do we rank board members by tiers now?
Also this would explain certain mod policies, the OPness of spellcasters does go a long way to explaining the "Don't cast spells on other board members" rule.

Last edited:

jayngfet

Retired User
Moral is simple "Fighting back is of the devil."
This is not the first Sunday strip that used that moral
No, I mean fighting back is evil here, but dudebro whispering isn't. There's no essential difference once you get down to it, but Tatsuya is waffling here on what's supposed to be the best solution.

You know, other than "treat your audience like reasonable human beings", which he doesn't seem intent on doing.

DisgruntleFairy

Validated User
So do we rank board members by tiers now?
Also this would explain certain mod policies, the OPness of spellcasters does go a long way to explaining the "Don't cast spells on other board members" rule.
Hehehe! People argue that the new 4th wave is multicultural feminism (at least the few arguments I've seen). Feminism's based in non-western places using non-western arguments and approaches but to achieve similar ends to all feminism. The thing is that kinda approach very much originated out of standard 3rd wave feminism, I think personally. So its not really a new wave as much as its the next step of the third which makes it 3.5.

But opinions vary. :D

Ok that was a serious answer to a non serious comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom