🔐 Closed SJG is continuing to work with accused sexual harasser Bill Webb. They are offering partial refunds to customers. [see redtext appended to OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allensh

Validated User
I love TFT and I am not selling my stuff and I will run it. But I am not buying anything from Frog God Games. I am not going to punish myself by giving up a game I love, but neither am I putting any money into FGG's pockets.

g33k

Validated User
I love TFT and I am not selling my stuff and I will run it. But I am not buying anything from Frog God Games. I am not going to punish myself by giving up a game I love, but neither am I putting any money into FGG's pockets.
And going forward, when Webb/FGG content is coming out under the SJG & TFT logos... what then?

I think everyone understands making their own choices about whether you do/don't abandon your existing content. It's not like TFT was created with FGG participation!

So some people feel "off" about even running a SJG product, while others set their limits at public-play & signal-boosting, and others set their limits other places.

Godaikin Engineer

Pom Luv
Validated User
I definitely feel "off" about SJG at the moment. I have a shelf of third edition GURPS books and Munchkin releases. I was thinking of using GURPS for a fantasy game I'm planning, but not anymore. I've pulled out my old 4th-edition HERO books and will probably use that.

Plus, in my group I tend to be a "faucet". When I open my tap to run a game, my 4-5 players tend to purchase the core book or players' guide to what we're doing. So I don't want to give any additional purchases to SJG. I'll be keeping Munchkin on the shelf as well.

DavetheLost

Validated User
And going forward, when Webb/FGG content is coming out under the SJG & TFT logos... what then?

I think everyone understands making their own choices about whether you do/don't abandon your existing content. It's not like TFT was created with FGG participation!

So some people feel "off" about even running a SJG product, while others set their limits at public-play & signal-boosting, and others set their limits other places.
For me the deal with FGG killed my support for TFT going forward. It doesn't really matter if a particular TFT product was created with the participation of Webb/FGG, the whole line is now fruit of the poison tree. Tainted by association.

Ulgrod

Validated User
For me the deal with FGG killed my support for TFT going forward. It doesn't really matter if a particular TFT product was created with the participation of Webb/FGG, the whole line is now fruit of the poison tree. Tainted by association.
I still have copies of the original TFT (somewhere) but have not played them in years, though I used to enjoy it quite a bit. I was interested in the new release but like my decision on my upcoming Ogre purchases that is also canceled. I am done with SJG based on their posts in this thread alone, never mind the current actions of FGG (which is horrible IMO).

Riggswolfe

Validated User
TBH Munchkin's 'Change Sex' curse/trap cards had been making me uncomfortable for a while. But that simply deterred me from buying any more Munchkin. This fustercluck, on the other hand, means I'm unlikely to buy or recommend any SJG products for the foreseeable future. On the contrary, I am telling my gamer friends to look elsewhere.

nd
Sorry to derail, but I hadn't encountered those cards. I've played a bit of Munchkin and was actively looking into buying a copy of it before all this broke. Is it something akin to the old D&D cursed items that would change your gender. (Which I don't remember having any negative in-game effects though the fact it was considered a curse speaks volumes.)

darktalon

Merchant of Chaos
Validated User
Is it something akin to the old D&D cursed items that would change your gender.
Yes, but played for laughs. (Which I'm guessing the originals also tended to be in actual play.) With all the unfortunate implications that come with that.

Terrible Tony

Banned
Validated User
Sorry to derail, but I hadn't encountered those cards. I've played a bit of Munchkin and was actively looking into buying a copy of it before all this broke. Is it something akin to the old D&D cursed items that would change your gender. (Which I don't remember having any negative in-game effects though the fact it was considered a curse speaks volumes.)
It's a reference to those. The character's gender (assumed to be the same as the player's by default) is used in some game mechanics.

Arethusa

Sophipygian
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's a reference to those. The character's gender (assumed to be the same as the player's by default) is used in some game mechanics.
Right. There are monsters that have different effects on the two in-game defined genders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom