• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Skyrealms of Jorune] 4th Edition rumor?????

NPC

Sexbot Repairman (NPC since Jan. 2002)
Validated User
Recently I've came across a semi-solid rumor about a 4th edition of Skyrealms of Jorune.
According to this rumor the 4e version would first be published in German (!), before a translation into English would appear - sort of like the deal with FanPro and Shadowrun4e. However, FanPro doesn't seem to be connected to this rumored project...

Has anyone here heard anything more substantial on this?
I always thought a 4e of Jorune would be impossible due to certain legal issues with the rights...

Last edited:

Vagabond

Whoah, um, like, you know
Validated User
Re: [Jorune] 4th Edition rumor?????

I highly doubt it. There have been many attempts to get the rights for a 4th
edition, but the owners have not really been interested.

There are no legal issues with the rights. The owners have no desire at this
point to see a 4th edition. However, there is a sort of endorsed GURPS translation
being worked on at http://www.gurpsjorune.net/ . He has the OK from Miles Teves
and Andrew Leker to put the conversion online, and the OK from Miles to use some
of his original artwork on the site.

Also, http://www.jorune.org is constantly working on new material, and is also
semi-official since Joe (Coleman) Adams is the one behind it, and he worked on
the 3rd edition (and had the original proposal for a 4th edition).

-V

Green_Abobo

green machine
Translation to an Open-License game like D20, GURPS, or Savage Worlds would rock!

Can't wait till they stat up an Eel-Shan-She-Evid (I doubt I spelled that right).

Hey maybe when WH40kRP comes out, Jorune could be a planet they visit and reclaim for Humanity. Death to the Mutant and the foul Xenos!

NPC

Sexbot Repairman (NPC since Jan. 2002)
Validated User
Re: [Jorune] 4th Edition rumor?????

However, there is a sort of endorsed GURPS translation being worked on at http://www.gurpsjorune.net/ . He has the OK from Miles Teves and Andrew Leker to put the conversion online, and the OK from Miles to use some of his original artwork on the site.

Pure Awesome!!! - this is almost* exactly was I've been waiting for: Thanks for the link!

*perfectly exact would be a 240 pages GURPS4e hc for Jorune...

Bailywolf

bwakbwak
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hmm... I was thinking the other day that a FATE implementation similar in some ways to SotC would rock for this setting- the phased chargen and Aspects especially.

I'd be happy with a coherent presentation of the setting (using lots of that gorgeous art) with a simple, clear ruleset.

-B

Vagabond

Validated User
Translation to an Open-License game like D20, GURPS, or Savage Worlds would rock!

Can't wait till they stat up an Eel-Shan-She-Evid (I doubt I spelled that right).

Hey maybe when WH40kRP comes out, Jorune could be a planet they visit and reclaim for Humanity. Death to the Mutant and the foul Xenos!
Eelshon She-evid.

Considering the stats that are in Companion:Ardoth are hinted as being not quite
complete - something like "If the Eelshon She-evid existed, these stats would be
a rough approximation of it" - there is a lot of flexibility there.

I would love to see more detailed Isho stuff, including the components necessary
to create a She-evid, as well as "the" Eelson She-evid.

Of course I'm working on some of that myself in some form.

-V

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
A pity that there's no new edition in the works. I've heard some good things about this game and would love to find out what the buzz is about - but trying to get these books used is probably too much of a hassle since I don't even know yet if I would like it.

A new edition - or even the old edition being for sale in PDF form - might make me reconsider.

RippedShirtKirk

Telepathological
Validated User
A pity that there's no new edition in the works. I've heard some good things about this game and would love to find out what the buzz is about - but trying to get these books used is probably too much of a hassle since I don't even know yet if I would like it.

A new edition - or even the old edition being for sale in PDF form - might make me reconsider.
I am still disappointed that drivethru (or another pdf site) hasn't pursued the rights to release a pdf version. :(

Wanted to add: I took a look at the GURPS Jorune conversion mentioned above, and DAMN, was I impressed! I wish Fred the best of luck and will be keeping my eye on that project!

Last edited:

Vagabond

Validated User

New edition and pdf of old editions are not very likely at present (or in the near
future).

you can go to http://www.jorune.org and get some good info, as well as some
downloads of some of the original first edition stuff (not the core rules, but some
of the GenCon only supplements and fanzines).

-V

Green_Abobo

green machine
Green_Abobo said:
"Can't wait till they stat up an Eel-Shan-She-Evid (I doubt I spelled that right)."
Eelshon She-evid.

I would love to see more detailed Isho stuff, including the components necessary
to create a She-evid, as well as "the" Eelson She-evid. -V
Close!

I don't know much about the Isho rules. I played a pure-strain Human.

Hey in your campaign did anyone ever become a Dren?

And what did you think of the implications of Dren spelled backwards in relation to players of RPGs?

Top Bottom