• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Skyrim SE Mod Recommendations?

Woekitten

Strong in the fake way
Validated User
As someone who's probably running over a hundred mods by now, here are a few I think you'll like or that I consider essential.

Seconding Legacy of the Dragonborn. One of the cooler things about it is how it interacts with a bunch of other popular mods, adding new sections in the museum to display artifacts from them. You also get to start your own guild, get a really useful player home, and the mod itself comes bundled with a bunch of new lore-friendly quests. I'm actually doing an LP of it plus all associated mods. (Here if anyone wants to check it out)

Immersive Creatures for more monsters that are at least mostly lore-friendly. Includes a bunch of new undead types, goblins, some new animals, and more.

Apocalypse: Magic of Skyrim, by the same guy that made Ordinator. Makes playing a mage way more fun.

Book Covers. It seems like such a little thing, giving each book or book series a unique cover, but it really makes a difference, especially if you're playing Legacy or otherwise trying to collect them.

The Forgotten City. A very popular quest mod, and with good reason. Won an Australian Writer's Guild award.

High Poly Project. An ongoing project to replace in-game models with better versions. So far, they've made a lot of food items look more appetizing, made wheels rounder, and made the candles and candle holders look cooler, among other things.

Bandolier - Bags and Pouches. I literally cannot imagine playing Skyrim without this mod. It lets you craft equippable bags that increase your carrying capacity and even show up on you character.

Ars Metallica. Lets you melt down unwanted equipment into ingots, smith your own arrows, get smithing experience from smelting and mining, and much more.

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
I got the computer yesterday! Now all I need to do is (a) wait for a few days until Google Drive finishes synchronizing, and (b) wait until the 12th when I can install the GFX 1080 to replace my old GFX 570...

A question: Does Skyrim SE detect graphics cards during installation, or during startup? If the former, I will probably wait with installation until the 12th...

phred

Validated User
I got the computer yesterday! Now all I need to do is (a) wait for a few days until Google Drive finishes synchronizing, and (b) wait until the 12th when I can install the GFX 1080 to replace my old GFX 570...

A question: Does Skyrim SE detect graphics cards during installation, or during startup? If the former, I will probably wait with installation until the 12th...
During startup

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
- What mods do you recommend that improve the AI of NPCs/creatures/dragons?

- What mods do you like that provide more dragon variants?

Altra

Validated User
"Elemental dragons" and "deadly dragons" are both popular. I don't remember, what mod I have installed, but I believe, I decided, that "deadly dragons" was a bit too tough for me. But then I am more into the exploration business.

As to expansions: I have tried a number of them:
- "Beyond Skyrim - Bruma" is fun, if pretty vanilla. Still a great idea, if you want something besides snow and more snow.
- "Beyond Skyrim - Reach" I deinstalled, after a bug destroyed any hope of finishing the main quest line there, but that is most likely my fault. I have found no other complaints. It seems a bit darker than Bruma though.
- "Vigilant" is a pretty dark mod set in Skyrim itself. I don't like horror, so I never finished it, but those parts I DID try were great.
- "Falskaar" somewhat bugridden when I played it in the original Skyrim, but an excellent story in and by itself. Worth a try, if you don't mind the occasional console command to advance a quest.

All these are compatible with "Legacy of the Dragonborn" and I am thirding the recommendation. I love love love it, that I can collect stuff and display it in ways even the best housing mod denied me.

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
Installed Skyrim. I will install the mods later.

The plan is to switch out the new graphics card when I return with it from my weekend in my hometown, and then immediately start playing Skyrim with it, ready to go.

Bicorn

Validated User
Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim (from the same author as Ordinator) improves combat AI; though be aware that it modifies combat in a lot of other ways too.
For pathfinding, looks like the Saner Pathing mod is for Oldrim only; can't find an equivalent for SE. AI is a difficult thing to mod, so there's not as much out there as for many other aspects of the game.

Top Bottom