• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Skyrim SE Mod Recommendations?

Bicorn

Validated User
I had a similar situation when I replaced my old graphics card; my old monitor didn't have the right kind of connector, so I had to buy a new monitor as well. I could have gotten an adapter, but the old monitor was slightly wonky so I decided it was as good a time as any to replace it.

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
I realized that there's a "bargain store" nearby which also carries a small amount of electronics, and it turned out they had a HDMI adapter.

The computer works, the graphics card works, and Skyrim Special Edition is running. However, I will leave the modding to tomorrow...

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
I've set the Experience Multiplier to 0.2 - and I haven't made Level 2 even after completing Dragon Rising...

In other news: It's been a while, but my distaste for the "Make Skyrim Great Again" crowd has only intensified.

Bicorn

Validated User
The recent years' RL political developments have certainly given the Stormcloaks some very uncomfortable subtext.

Argent

aka Jerry Sköld
Validated User
Yeah, I remember being dead set on wanting to fight the forces of colonialism... until I met those fucking xenophobic assholes that made up the separatist movement.

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
In other news, I have finally reached Level 2 at Valtheim Towers, on the way to my first audience at High Hrothgar! I am also playing with "house rule" that I am only putting perks into skills I (a) either have a racial bonus to, or (b) that I've made legendary. Thus, my first perk goes into Destruction (I am playing a Dunmer).

But I do play with Deadly Dragons, so I can exchange 5 dragon souls for one perk - this should compensate for the more complex perk trees of Ordinator. And I have set "Assault" values for dragon attacks at 96 +/- 12 hours...

Also, with one of my mods - presumably UFO - I can apparently ask random city guards to accompany me as followers, though I assume this only works if you are a thane in that city. I discovered this when I had a conversation option with a guard where I say "I need your help".

Then I go into White River Watch and discover that I am not only being followed by Jenassa and Lydia, but also Faceless Whiterun Guard #5. I dismissed him after the next fight, since I don't want to have more than two followers cluttering up my escape routes. But still...

Altra

Validated User
Keep the guard. they deserve some fun too and this one seems pretty loyal.

I really want to play Skyrim again, but after some mess with various vampire mods, an update of Skyrim and the no longer funktioning SKSE I gave up and grabbed my books.

Top Bottom