• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Skyrim SE Mod Recommendations?

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
If you go to the creation club (heresy, I know) they're currently giving away a Nix-Hound. One can be found as a pet and wild ones with populate Solstheim.

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
Thanks to some judicious craft grinding, I have reached Level 5. The fourth peak went into Alteration, so that I can now cast Transmute two times in a row before having to recharge my Magicka. Now, the ancient fane of Ustengrav beckons...

Oh, and Lydia - could you please cease shouting "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" within earshot of your Dunmer thane?

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
I got my first "Letter from a Friend", and it points me to Dragontooth Crater. So I decide I might as well pay it a visit after Ustengrav.

And the scaly fucker there is a lightning dragon. Which I loathe over most other Deadly Dragon variants because you can't dodge their breath weapon.

My two otherwise able assistants are little more than speed bumps. As an alternative approach I try to lure it to a nearby Forsworn camp, but only two Forsworn are running around there.

So my options are (a) lure it to the Peryite shrine, (b) lure it to Karthwasten, or (c) giving up and coming back later...

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
"Hey, you mercenaries! Why do you work calmly and casually into the silver mine when there is a perfectly fine dragon you cut aggro?"

<sigh> I guess I will try again in a few levels...

In other news, I've always been fond of Reldith. Yes, she has the same arrogant streak as most Altmer in the game. But I am fine with pride in hard farmwork.

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
Okay, the new graphics card really does make a major difference - the lighting effects are much more vivid than before, with sun rays peering through mist and clouds...

I had the great fortune that when I encountered Alduin near Kynesgrove, he was hovering directly in front of the sun, and as his wings flapped they cast rays of darkness into all direction. It was an awesome visual.

And I managed to defeat a lightning dragon as well... with the help of the Windhelm guards, as he made the mistake of showing up near Windhelm Stables. Still, I think it would be a good idea to invest in some lightning protection - for me and my followers.

phred

Validated User
Don't forge that Wards block dragon breath, and as a bonus they'll use up ALL your magicka in 2 seconds.

Top Bottom