SLA Industries Announcement

El_phantasmo

Validated User
Spoiler: Show
In our game they are two different people, but it helps that both of us are engineers so they have some frame of reference for each other. I actually have two character sheets now, depending on which one is in control, because they both have different skill sets - the Stormer is a hacker / combat engineer (He's a Xeno, mechanically, but in the fiction he's one of the first generation of a new breed), while the soul side is more of a civil engineer.

I've always wanted to run a game where Mister Slayer finds out that he exists in an RPG, that there are other RPG's, and goes off to conquer them to take what he can for the WoP. The players would be part of a ragtag resistance movement, based out of the Floating Vagabond or somewhere similar, chasing Mister Slayer and his sinister agents through the multiverse to stop this. It wouldn't be quite as grim as SLA, it's basically an excuse for a giant crossover, but it could be a good time.
That's an interesting take on it; I've always just run it as them remembering who they were ... but I guess since it's not amnesia and just memory then it could be two people - The Stormer designed, grown and birthed in a facility who is then trained and builds a life in SLA but also the prior life of the soul and the persona it powered in that prior life. Certainly adds a more quirky angle to it. "Verican doesn't like being Vevaphon ... Verican no longer kills ...EEEEE! Verican is Martha and is baking ready for the grandkids coming over at the weekend..."

Cross-over could be fun. That'd be a multiverse traversing leap across the 4th wall! I think the term would be "gonzo". Slayer siding with the Yozi from Exalted with their Sith minions. But what's this? The forces of good seek to rally behind Elminster and the Aeon Trinity with support from the Camarilla!

Kettlehelm

Validated User
So will the new book restate the stats for Grit Stormers? I thought they were an interesting variant with a cool edge for instigation-orientated characters.

Also a question that wasn't addressed in Karma all though years ago, are Vevaphons monitored with a built in camera like the other Stormer variants? I was reading the Hunter Sheets and thought the snuff-film making Vevaphon may just be the tip of a conspiracy if Vevaphon were.

WordForge

Validated User
So will the new book restate the stats for Grit Stormers? I thought they were an interesting variant with a cool edge for instigation-orientated characters.

Also a question that wasn't addressed in Karma all though years ago, are Vevaphons monitored with a built in camera like the other Stormer variants? I was reading the Hunter Sheets and thought the snuff-film making Vevaphon may just be the tip of a conspiracy if Vevaphon were.
Grit Stormers: Yes
Vevaphons: Ill need to check

WordForge

Validated User

Ok, I have confirmed with Mr Slayer...
The Vevaphons are not Stormers.
They are regularly, and incorrectly referred to as a ‘Vevaphon Stormer’. But Stormers are made by Karma following a specific process involving Deathwake, the Vev is made by a newer biogenetics department called as The Doppleganger Institute. This can be confirmed in the Karma sourcebook.

WordForge

Validated User
Okay.

Spoiler: Show
You ask the wolves, they'll tell you humans don't have any spirits besides our own souls. Spider spirits, rat spirits, no human ones.

That's because we scared them off.

In ancient times, humans were all action. We hunted, we gathered, we fought. We were smart, yes, but we lived in the moment. And our spirits liked it that way.

But then we got our shit together. We learned how to harness fire, we learned to believe in things. They didn't like that. So our hearths drove them back, our religions tormented them, and the sun our crops grew by paralyzed them.

The Strix... they could have been us. But we went our own way.

So that's my side of the deal!
So here's one for you:
The Origins of the Carrien - look for the PDF of the 2 page spread from the new Cannibal Sector One book:
https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfProgress/

;)

Top Bottom